B17 Grimsby Town

This forum is for the discussion of the locomotives, motive power, and rolling stock of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

61650GTFC
NER J27 0-6-0

B17 Grimsby Town

Post by 61650GTFC »

Does anyone have or know of any photo's that exist of B17 2850/1650/61650 Grimsby Town. I have the Locomotives Illustrated magazine which has a photo of it as 2850 in LNER guise but would like to collect as many photos as possible.

Just think when she was built Grimsby where higher than Man utd and Liverpool in the league with England Internationals playing for them. What paradise would that have been watching top class football with LNER trains thundering behind the main stand.
52D
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by 52D »

Hi you might be interested in 61654 article on general LNER discussion page.
Hi interested in the area served by 52D. also researching colliery wagonways from same area.
73D
NBR J36 0-6-0

Post by 73D »

You can view my side-on illustration of 2850 Grimsby at http://www.locos-in-profile.co.uk/Print ... otballers/. Use the link in the left margin or go down to the bottom of the page to the Rest of the Footballers section and click on the link.

Unfortunatly this is one of the three I haven’t yet produced as a Limited Edition print (100 produced of each - signed and numbered). The others still to be printed are 2887 Bradford and 2868 Bradford City. I hope to have them available next spring to complete the sub-class.

The page on the site showing all the nameplates (http://www.locos-in-profile.co.uk/Print ... lates.html) - shows the league positions the clubs held when the locomotives first appeared and where they are now.