The B1s Meet!

This forum is for the discussion of the locomotives, motive power, and rolling stock of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

Ben
NBR J36 0-6-0

The B1s Meet!

Post by Ben »

This event, taking place at Barrow Hill Roundhouse, is going to be great, although it is a shame that they are in so different liveries. This gala also promises to show another LNER engine, the B12 from the North Norfolk Railway.

I do, however wish the gala was staged at another place, for example 1306's home railway (the NVR) or even better somwhere on old LNER teritory (NYMR would be great!). This would give them all a chance to do strech their legs a bit.
ImageImage
Tom Quayle
GCR D11 4-4-0 'Improved Director'

Post by Tom Quayle »

Isn't the NYMR suposed to be planning an LNER event in the auturm. Ive heard it mentioned a couple of times. Would like to see the D49 south of the border. Not to start speculation but the opertunity is there for a major event. Theres 2 B1s, B12, D49, 3 A4s (by then anyway hopefully), Green Arrow and a few others. Its a shame you can count the LNER 4-6-0s on one hand compared to needing a calulator for all those black 5s, why couldn't barry be on the East Coast :cry: . Notice the loco that I didnt mention in the list above (4472) if its in a correct livery by all means but as the NRM is having it NO CHANCE.
The weather here is Baltic but so were the tank engines
Furness Railway and GCR fan.
125mph tilt vs 126.5mph duck
Advanced North West Productions.
Matt
LNER Thompson L1 2-6-4T

Post by Matt »

The D49 would be an excellent choice of visiting locomotive as they were so common around North and East Yorkshire. However I have heard that the D49 is somewhat shagged!
richard
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by richard »

Already? I thought it hadn't been in running condition for very long...

Richard
Richard Marsden
LNER Encyclopedia
Matt
LNER Thompson L1 2-6-4T

Post by Matt »

Yes but things can go bang.
richard
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by richard »

What went bang?

Richard
Richard Marsden
LNER Encyclopedia
Colombo
LNER Thompson B1 4-6-0 'Antelope'

Post by Colombo »

If you need a calculator to calculate the number of black fives, then you need a computer to count the Bulleid Pacifics.

I have not seen a D49 for years, I shall have to go to the NYMR spectacular this Autumn.

Colombo
Tom Quayle
GCR D11 4-4-0 'Improved Director'

Post by Tom Quayle »

I don't know if it will happern. It was just something I saw in another NYMR related post
But Dream line up
D49
B1
K1
A4
V2

Computer for Bullied pacifics. An entire network for all those Halls lol
Shame that it isn't a more even split we now have to new build a A1 but L1 and B17 are also other candidates that I feel are very wurthy of the honer.
The A1 loco trust are doing great things lets hope someone with a bit more money than us mear mortals with a simmlar interest will 'grab the bull by the horns' son to speek.
The weather here is Baltic but so were the tank engines
Furness Railway and GCR fan.
125mph tilt vs 126.5mph duck
Advanced North West Productions.
Ben
NBR J36 0-6-0

Post by Ben »

In my dream line-up I would include both B1s, but if I had to choose between the two it would be 1306 Mayflower, due to her current livery.
ImageImage
Rlangham
LNER P2 2-8-2

Post by Rlangham »

Don't forget the Q6 at the NYMR! That's if it's ready, at the way it's going i'll be surprised if we see it this side of 2007. Anyone know if the D17 from the NRM is at Barrow Hill? Heard somewhere that the D17 was there, although can't see it on the Barrow Hill website, and don't know why they'd move it there (have a hard job moving it from the NRM i'd have thought)
Author of 'The North Eastern Railway in the First World War' - now available in paperback!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/North-Eastern-R ... 781554552/

Happy to help with anything relating to the railways in the First World War, just ask