4771 - In Steam

This forum is for the discussion of the locomotives, motive power, and rolling stock of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

x568wcn
GNR C1 4-4-2

4771 - In Steam

Post by x568wcn »

Today, 4771 has been out in steam in practice for Tuesdays great first run to Scarborough (since that day!)

She was right out the back, out of sight of the car park, as the support coach had been parked in the way!
Attachments
150706-1415-s.JPG
(47.68 KiB) Downloaded 59 times
150706-1401-s.JPG
(60.81 KiB) Downloaded 61 times
By Mark t
(now known as silver fox)
www.yorksteam.co.uk
richard
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by richard »

She looks the part in the new LNER livery!

Big LNER steam has probably never had it so good in preservation.
Just this week, a new Pacific boiler was tested, SNG has been out on trials, and GA is in steam!

On top of that, a third A4 is nearing completion, and 4472 is having what is probably its largest preservation era overhaul/rebuild.

Of the Pacifics, Blue Peter is the only one that won't be running for a few years.

Shame about the B1's troubles though.

Richard
Richard Marsden
LNER Encyclopedia
x568wcn
GNR C1 4-4-2

Post by x568wcn »

By around 12:00 GMT on Tuesday (18th), I will be posting (hopefully) pictures of Green Arrow, at the Museum, in the Station, and leaving the station.

I say Hopefully, as today was a stationary test (the gates were closed)
By Mark t
www.yorksteam.co.uk
Daniel
NER Y7 0-4-0T

Post by Daniel »

I must say that she does look a very attractive locomotive in the new LNER livery, i only wish that she could keep it as opposed to being in the BR lined green, but i guess that new railway laws say now that all mainline steam has to be in BR?

But, great images though.
Hooray for the Gresley 'Pacifics'
x568wcn
GNR C1 4-4-2

Post by x568wcn »

Yes it is nice to see it in LNER Livery, and I've seen her so much recently, that the BR Livery on Sunday on Restoring Sir Nigel Gresley looked odd!

Glad you like the photos, there's some more under 4771 has gone to Scarborough, and just for you some nice ones from tonight!
That Smoke's dirty, and don't taste nice I'll tell thee!
By Mark t
www.yorksteam.co.uk