4771 has gone to Scarborough

This forum is for the discussion of the locomotives, motive power, and rolling stock of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

x568wcn
GNR C1 4-4-2

4771 has gone to Scarborough

Post by x568wcn »

Green Arrow has sucessfully left for Scarborough, although she was 30 mins late, and hauling a diesel just incase!

By Mark t
(now known as silver fox)
www.yorksteam.co.uk
richard
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by richard »

Thanks for adding the pictures Mark.

I'm assuming she made it back okay, without any help from the diesel...

Richard
Richard Marsden
LNER Encyclopedia
x568wcn
GNR C1 4-4-2

Back

Post by x568wcn »

She Arrived back...only 30 mins late again, she was under her own steam, but I forgot to mention that the diesel was powered.

One passenger I met at the NRM this morning, whome I met this evening on the Station (who was from Australia, and complaining Monday night/Tuesday Morning over here was too hot!) said they'd said she runs with the diesel, or she doesn't run, but watching her leaving the station tonight, she did look to struggle with the 13 coaches, until the diesel revved up!

40 mins I stood here waiting!!

By Mark t
www.yorksteam.co.uk
Matt
LNER Thompson L1 2-6-4T

Post by Matt »

The diesel was basically there due to the fire risk, this meant 60800 didn't have to work very hard, therefore minimising fire risk..

Looks like the RMT Strike that put paid to the Talisman on Saturday could be a blessing in disguise, cause a diesel on that would not be welcome...
richard
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by richard »

That makes some sense - so they might lose the diesel later in the year?

Richard
Richard Marsden
LNER Encyclopedia
Matt
LNER Thompson L1 2-6-4T

Post by Matt »

I'd assume so, it has to rain soon!
richard
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by richard »

same thinking here in Dallas :-)
Highs above 102F for 9 days in a row, and 107F yesterday. 20% chance of rain at the weekend - yeah right!
It is too hot! Even the A/C gives up in the late afternoon.

There's Tropical Storm Beryl off the Carolinas at the moment, that may hit the UK in about a week's time. It won't be tropical by the time you get it, but it might bring some wind and rain...

Richard
Richard Marsden
LNER Encyclopedia
x568wcn
GNR C1 4-4-2

Post by x568wcn »

Raining now!
By Mark t
www.yorksteam.co.uk
x568wcn
GNR C1 4-4-2

Post by x568wcn »

Rained today, but diesel was still there, but tonight I watched her turn round (she went in forwards on Tuesday Night!) and after last year, one day Scotsman came in with clean stock, and next morning each and every toilet window (might be a toilet window fetish there) had a little graffiti on them, so this year west coast are taking no chances of leaving them at Holgate for the next 4 days, and as Green Arrow turns round, the diesel runs round, and hauls the stock back to the safety of the NRM!

On the last 2 nights I waited round, and even with my 5 year old first digital very slow camera, you can still get good shots with one chance!

By Mark t
www.yorksteam.co.uk