Coronation street?!

This forum is for the discussion of the locomotives, motive power, and rolling stock of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

LNER N2 0-6-2T

Coronation street?!

Post by 60114 »

being subjected to Coronation Street right now, just noticed in Roys cafe a Lamp and on the wall a blue LNER plate with 22 on it, anyone know what this is suppose to be from as im assuming its not real, surely it cant be from Mallard. the plate was blue.

From Mike
x568wcn
GNR C1 4-4-2

Post by x568wcn »

Railway Roy

It all got a bit sheddy at the Northern Echo this week when two eagle-eyed readers wrote in to tell the paper that they’d spotted local railwayana cropping up in Roy’s Rolls. Apparently Roy’s Coronation Street café is adorned with a wagon plate that says "Re-bodied in Shildon" and it comes from the old railway works in the town. They're the round things fixed to the side of everything built at the works. A Shildon reader spotted it and told the paper: "I just thought 'Why yer bugger' " - which is a phrase we’ve not had on Corrieblog before. Roy Cropper is the Street’s resident railway buff and the paper says that the railwayana decorating the cafe walls was bought as a job lot (a shed load?) from the Railway Carriages Trust in Keighley, West Yorkshire. Corrie production staff arrived seeking signal arms and spent about £600. "They bought so much I threw in some notices like what to do in case of an air raid, " said museum manager Bob Stott.
By Mark t
(now known as silver fox)
www.yorksteam.co.uk
barryrescueengine
NER Y7 0-4-0T

Post by barryrescueengine »

Yeah, Roy is a train lover, and model trains as far as I am concerned!