Looking forward to possible all LNER @ Fort William

This forum is for the discussion of the locomotives, motive power, and rolling stock of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

Tom Quayle
GCR D11 4-4-0 'Improved Director'

Looking forward to possible all LNER @ Fort William

Post by Tom Quayle »

There has been some speculation about the 2006 jacobite season but one thing I herd a few weeks ago was that there could be a possiblity of an all 2-6-0 affer if not this year in 2007 with the pairing of K1 62005 Lord of the Isle (Currently under repair to fire box crack at Carnforth) and K4 the Great Marquse (Currently under restoration) What an opertunity this would be. The other Interesting point is that now we have another LNER area Jacbite serie with the Whitby flyer which 62005 has worked in the past (This will proberbly one of the first mainline runs for 60007 after the garanteed season on the NYMR) Just imagine what the final one of the Whitby Flyers could be 62005 and 60007 a fantisey many would like I feel. On the subject of the Whitby runs at least 3 locos have been lined up for mainline regustration by the NYMR (75029, Black 5 Eric Tracy and S15 no825) I ll try and get more info if anyone else has any more it would be highly valued as I realy enjoy going to see mainline railtours but rarely get to see LNER engines being based in Cumbria and being stuck with the same Black 5, Standard 4 and Duchess
richard
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by richard »

Well the K4s were built for the West Highland Line!

For Whitby runs, the NELPG and NRM are both based in the same general area, so there are a number of possible guest locos - the V2, Q6, A2, etc.
(okay the A2 isn't being overhauled yet so I'm guessing 2+ yrs from running??)

"Rarely get to see LNER engines as I'm based in Cumbria": Have you seen where I am? lol!

Richard
Richard Marsden
LNER Encyclopedia
jdtoronto
LNER Thompson L1 2-6-4T

Post by jdtoronto »

It's a long trip across the pond for me too! But I will get there again soon. My daughter wants visit the NMR and see "Mallard" and take a ride behind "Flying Scotsman" - she loves looking at the book fo teh Scotsman in Australia, especially as I can point out places we have been (she is only 6 but was born in Melbourne).

Please stop making me jealous! But for goodness sake please keep up the flow of news!

John
Matt
LNER Thompson L1 2-6-4T

Post by Matt »

2006 Jacobite - K1 and B1 up to September, B1 relieved by 45407.

Engines for Whitbies, 76079, 75029, Eddystone, S15? then when ready 45428
Tom Quayle
GCR D11 4-4-0 'Improved Director'

Got me there richard

Post by Tom Quayle »

Good one. At least I get british engine lol. Well if I get were I want in life there will be LNER locos in cumbria along with others but its going to take alot of my werd money making plots lol. Upperby shed should be the cheapest thing I after and a good range of Steam locos as well as plenty of preserved diesels to run the S&C as a TOC (train operating company)
Ill post agian when I have made the £15 million or so. lol