The Saint TV - Series 3 episode 14 'The Contract' January 1965

Post your photographs of the LNER and its Constituents here! Links to film/video are also welcome.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun

LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

The Saint TV - Series 3 episode 14 'The Contract' January 1965

Post by 65447 »

SWMBO was watching this just now on Talkingpicturestv and I caught the end. The widow of the diamond thief is held captive in an old Howlden carriage body, adjacent to an Engineer's yard and a four track main line. Access from a road overbridge. The chase continues in amongst the stock in the yard which includes Ballast Brakes, wagons and a crane, but the shot moved so quickly over the crane that I could not catch the number. Lots of useful close-ups for those of that bent. A location search confirms Hitchin.

Episode available until 8 June 2023: https://www.tptvencore.co.uk/Video/The- ... e4f6d934a4
Mickey
LNER V2 2-6-2 'Green Arrow'

Re: The Saint TV - Series 3 episode 14 'The Contract' January 1965

Post by Mickey »

In a dvd called Diesel & Electric parts 1 & 2 issued by Video 125 circa 1990 there is a small film sequence of professionally shot film amongst all the other film footage that is featured that the narrator says was shot for the 1960s tv series The Saint but I can't recall what the film sequence shows without looking at it again which I may do later.
Original start date of 2010 on the LNER forum and previously posted 4500+ posts.
Mickey
LNER V2 2-6-2 'Green Arrow'

Re: The Saint TV - Series 3 episode 14 'The Contract' January 1965

Post by Mickey »

Mickey wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 11:44 am In a dvd called Diesel & Electric parts 1 & 2 issued by Video 125 circa 1990 there is a small film sequence of professionally shot film amongst all the other film footage that is featured that the narrator says was shot for the 1960s tv series The Saint but I can't recall what the film sequence shows without looking at it again which I may do later.
The film sequence for another episode of The Saint was filmed on the Western Region at a station called Saltford between Bath & Bristol and is featured on the above 'Diesels & Electrics part 1 & 2' Video 125 dvd. The film features a brief sequence of 'run throughs' through Saltford station featuring diesel-hydraulics of the Western and Warship type both in maroon liveries and a diesel/electric type in the form of a Brush type 4 in two tone green livery with all three locos hauling rakes of B.R.Mk1 coaches at speed. No date for the film is mentioned but I am guessing around 1968 going by the loco and coach liveries. Saltford station is mentioned in the film footage was closed by B.R. in 1970.
Original start date of 2010 on the LNER forum and previously posted 4500+ posts.