Haydon Bridge Signalbox

Post your photographs of the LNER and its Constituents here! Links to film/video are also welcome.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun

52H
NBR J36 0-6-0

Re: Haydon Bridge Signalbox

Post by 52H »

Hi All
What was it ? a him a her or an it.

52H
Bryan
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Bryan »

Good Question.
Well presented
and deserves an answer.

Unfortunately???
Danby Wiske
GER D14 4-4-0 'Claud Hamilton'

Post by Danby Wiske »

There are some rough lasses in the West Riding, so I've heard tell...
PinzaC55
LNER A3 4-6-2

Post by PinzaC55 »

Bryan wrote:I went to a signal box in West Yorks to take possession for some overnight work.
When I climbed the steps and opened the door I was greeted by the sight of High Heels, Pencil skirt and a full beard.
I handed back possession by phone.
LMAO! I heard a similar story but I think I would be barred from this site if I told it.
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

PinzaC55 wrote:
Bryan wrote:I went to a signal box in West Yorks to take possession for some overnight work.
When I climbed the steps and opened the door I was greeted by the sight of High Heels, Pencil skirt and a full beard.
I handed back possession by phone.
LMAO! I heard a similar story but I think I would be barred from this site if I told it.
Back around 1974/75 i recall a story in RAILNEWS about a male driver at a depot in the Midlands somewhere? (it was a depot on the former London Midland Region cos there was also a picture of said driver leaning out of a class-25 Birmingham Sulzer) who went to the depot wearing a female skirt and shoes carrying a woman's shoulderbag slung over his shoulder every shift!!.

I recall a Kings Cross driver saying to me-

''Blimey how can he turn up at the depot dressed like that and sit in the traincrews messroom!!''. :lol: