North Sunderland (Seahouses)

Post your photographs of the LNER and its Constituents here! Links to film/video are also welcome.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun

Northman
NER Y7 0-4-0T

North Sunderland (Seahouses)

Post by Northman »

Hello all - does anyone have any photographs to share of the buildings used at this terminus?

I have one or two old ones taken in 1923 which give a general view of the platform with a train standing and in the background is the engine shed.

I have a track plan and would love to build a scale model of the site.

I know there was a model layout built of this and that there are photographs of that layout in existence - ( I did post in the layout section sometime ago but without reply - alas.)
GCR O4 2-8-0 'ROD'

Re: North Sunderland (Seahouses)

Post by 60041 »

I have copies of several well known published photo's, the only one I have that has not been published elsewhere is this one, showing Seahouses Station from the door of the engine shed in about 1950; the run down state is obvious. It shows a reasonably good view of the building with various fish boxes, a pigeon basket and other clutter around. The young woman walking away is Laura Robson, who was the booking clerk.
Seahouses 017.jpg
Northman
NER Y7 0-4-0T

Post by Northman »

Thank you for sharing that photograph and information - I had not seen it before and have downloaded a copy - thank you again.
Grandpa43
NER Y7 0-4-0T

Post by Grandpa43 »

As a new member to the forums, I would like to draw attention to the following regarding the NSR.
Besides owning the book by Alan Wright, I have two magazines which may interest Seahouses followers.

The first is the magazine Model Railway Journal of 1986' which carries an article headed BAMBURGH which, although concentrates on that loco,. Also contains info., and several photos of the line.

The second mag., is RAILWAY BYLINES from August 1996 which has a much larger piece on the liner as a whole.
There are some 19 photos of just about everything including
buildings, plus a comprehensive write-up.

If anyone is interested, please contact me.

Alan.
52D
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by 52D »

The Oakwood press book on the line has some 2mm scale drawings of various buildings. Also see here http://www.lner.info/co/NSR/index.shtml
Hi interested in the area served by 52D. also researching colliery wagonways from same area.
Percy Main
LNER J39 0-6-0

Post by Percy Main »

A lot of NSR images I had not seen before here: http://www.farne.co.uk/north_sunderland_railway.html
52D
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by 52D »

Percy Main, That site and my fb page have swapped a few shots its amazing how many newer shots never seen before are turning up.
Hi interested in the area served by 52D. also researching colliery wagonways from same area.
Percy Main
LNER J39 0-6-0

Post by Percy Main »

52D wrote:Percy Main, That site and my fb page have swapped a few shots its amazing how many newer shots never seen before are turning up.
52D

The Farne site sees to have disappeared. Could we have a link to your fb page to see the pictures again?

Many thanks

Percy
52D
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by 52D »

https://www.facebook.com/groups/110241279016234/
I will approve anyone from here who wants to join as we keep it private as a spam prevention measure.
scottiedog
NBR J36 0-6-0

Post by scottiedog »

A good friend has built a 4mm scale/EM gauge model of Seahouses which will be at the Birtley Model Railway Exhibition in March 2016. Both of us will visiting The EM Gauge Society's Skills Day at Stannington, just off the A1,South of Morpeth, this forthcoming Saturday. If by chance you can get along to it, let me know and I will ask him to bring his comprehensive file on the station etc.
Percy Main
LNER J39 0-6-0

Post by Percy Main »

Thank you. I have just seen this and won't be able to make it.