60034 Lord Faringdon photo at York on 9N

Post your photographs of the LNER and its Constituents here! Links to film/video are also welcome.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun

patmyhill
NER Y7 0-4-0T

60034 Lord Faringdon photo at York on 9N

Post by patmyhill »

Can anyone help me source a colour photo of 60034 standing at the 'inside' position on platform 9N, (i.e. under the gantry mounted water column just north of the footbridge).

The photo was taken from the classic viewing position on 8N giving a 3/4 view of the loco and train and was in BR green days. It was used by the Railway Book Club on a flyer, probably in the 1980s. (Typically, when asked they couldn't name the photographer or source). A very high quality photo in good colour which could well have been a Keith Pirt.

I am particularly keen to get a copy because my first memory, still burnt into my brain from the age of 2, is that view of a magnificent garter blue Lord Faringdon standing at the head of a rake of 'teaks' and having a massive slip when starting! Oddly enough it was my second A4 seen from the 8N barrier on the down 'Flying Scotsman' at the age of 7. Inevitably my favourite loco, it was the last A4 i saw in service and photographed just south of Forfar in June 66.

So if anyone remembers that flyer or recognsises the description and can identify the photographer, please post or email me
STAFFORDA4
NBR D34 4-4-0 'Glen'

Re: 60034 Lord Faringdon photo at York on 9N

Post by STAFFORDA4 »

Sorry but I've checked my cuttings file for 60034 and can't trace such a photo....Good Luck with your quest
60022Mallard
LNER N2 0-6-2T

Re: 60034 Lord Faringdon photo at York on 9N

Post by 60022Mallard »

Try entering it as a search on eBay, perhaps weekly.

There are several on there at the moment including one at York in 1947.