CLC Goods Station, Manchester Central.

Post your photographs of the LNER and its Constituents here! Links to film/video are also welcome.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun

stayhi128
NER Y7 0-4-0T

CLC Goods Station, Manchester Central.

Post by stayhi128 »

Good day to you.

I am trying to locate photos of the CHC Goods Station, now demolished, but once standing on the other side of Watson Street, from the GNR's Deansgate Warehouse in Manchester. The best I have found so far, is an oblique view on page 18 of the Foxline book, 'Manchester's Central Station'.

I need something better than this and would appreciate any help. You could advise of any publications available. Or perhaps email anything you have to brian@lcpinternational.co.uk. Needless to say, any expenses incurred would be reimbursed.

I look forward to hearing from you.
Regards, thanks and Season's compliments.

Brian Lewis
john coffin
LNER V2 2-6-2 'Green Arrow'

Re: CLC Goods Station, Manchester Central.

Post by john coffin »

Although I have not read it or inspected its contents, there is a relatively new book by Historic England
called the Railway Goods Shed and Warehouse in England which certainly covers Deansgate.

Maybe you can look for this and see whether it covers your needs.

Paul
Wainwright
LNER J94 0-6-0ST Austerity

Re: CLC Goods Station, Manchester Central.

Post by Wainwright »

I seem to recall that there was an article on this facility with 2 or 3 pictures and a map in a back issue of Railway Bylines; probably about 4-6 years ago (which was when I was buying them in large amounts).

I have gone on the Irwell Press website to try to establish which issue it was, but since their titles are often pretty cryptic, I can't find this out. If I find it around the house whilst putting the christmas tree decs back in the loft, I shall post the details on here.