Not LNER, but these are photos I took during a somewhat unique opportunity that provide some great weathering reference

Post your photographs of the LNER and its Constituents here! Links to film/video are also welcome.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun

Nova
GER D14 4-4-0 'Claud Hamilton'

Not LNER, but these are photos I took during a somewhat unique opportunity that provide some great weathering reference

Post by Nova »

As stated above, they aren't LNER in nature, though they are photographs and they can be of use to modellers here looking for weathering reference so I felt they were somewhat suitable for this subforum. if one of the Admins feel this post is better served in another section I will willingly move it.

I'm a less involved member of the Industrial Diesel & Railway preservation society, our group exists to help preserve the sometimes neglected history of industrial diesels, and we are currently working to get Yorkshire Engine company #1382 "Unittie" running again. When I say "lesser involved" I mean that I generally don't have the knowledge to strip an engine or have the strength to assist with some of the more heavy duty work, and because of financial constraints I often times have to back out on working meetings, so what times I am present I'm cleaning, stripping and priming parts, but hey-ho, at least at the end of it I get to say that i've genuinely contributed to getting a piece of railway history going again.

The location and the rollingstock featured in the photos are mostly owned by Andrew and Peter Briddon, who buy, restore/rebuild, and lease industrial diesels out to various preserved lines, including the infamous 03901 and 14901 (hence why I said rebuild), for more information I direct you to: http://www.weekendrails.co.uk/

enough back story, on to the photos. these should create great reference for weathering items of rolling stock that look like they have just been left exposed to the elements with none of the usual working grime such as soot, grease or limescale, it could also provide reference for a section of a preserved line you're modelling, with preserved locos stored waiting to be restored to their former glory.

believe it or not, this YEC 220hp 0-4-0 was the only working loco currently on site. despite having the worst external condition.

An ex-EWS PCV that's being restored and converted into a recreational lounge car for the IDRPG, the reason it's jacked up is because Andrew Briddon got it cheap (5 grand if memory serves me correctly) in exchange for Colas rail getting the bogies

one of the Dutch Gronks

the original class 14

some tarped up locos of various makes which I can't recall off the top of my head

a YEC "Stiesel" #RS8, it was a YEC steam locomotive, but at some point in its life was rebuilt with a tiny Rolls Royce 4 cylinder engine of about 100hp, hence why it's ugly as sin but oh-so lovable for its quirkiness.

and finally, as a bonus picture, 1382 during restoration

I'm authorising these images to be downloaded and printed for personal reference use, and to be displayed on other sites using the direct Image URL (found by right clicking each image) so long as no one claims the photos as their own work
Coalby and Marblethorpe, my vision of an un-nationalised Great Britain in the 50s and 60s: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11905

36C Studeos, kits in 4MM scale: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11947
Nova
GER D14 4-4-0 'Claud Hamilton'

Re: Not LNER, but these are photos I took during a somewhat unique opportunity that provide some great weathering refere

Post by Nova »

just a little Addendum but here's the website for the IDRPG

http://idrpg.co.uk/index.html
Coalby and Marblethorpe, my vision of an un-nationalised Great Britain in the 50s and 60s: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11905

36C Studeos, kits in 4MM scale: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11947