help again

Post your photographs of the LNER and its Constituents here! Links to film/video are also welcome.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun

52D
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

help again

Post by 52D »

This lone pic is one of a bunch i bought recently purporting to be of NER origin, i have recognised and catalogued the rest but the identity of this one eludes me. Possibly GNR or GCR even GWR went through my mind as usual all help welcome, the number looks like 30A.
unknown NER loco.jpg
Hi interested in the area served by 52D. also researching colliery wagonways from same area.
2512silverfox

Re: help again

Post by 2512silverfox »

I have feeling that this is from a Real Photos negative in which case it should be possible to identify it without question. I will have alook through my old lists for the 'R' reference.
52D
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by 52D »

Thank you Mr Fox.
Hi interested in the area served by 52D. also researching colliery wagonways from same area.
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

2512silverfox wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:26 am I have feeling that this is from a Real Photos negative in which case it should be possible to identify it without question. I will have alook through my old lists for the 'R' reference.

Before silverfox finds out I am fairly certain the loco isn't a GNR or GWR loco (I could be wrong?) although I did think originally it may have been a LNWR loco then a GER loco then a MSL (Manchester Sheffield & Lincoln) loco but now I believe it maybe a Caledonian Railway loco?. (that's 4 railway companies down only another 150 to go!).

To be honest I don't really know much about 'early railways' from the 1840s & 1850s so I'm probably wrong with my assumption?.

Mickey
john coffin
LNER V2 2-6-2 'Green Arrow'

Post by john coffin »

I think it is more likely to be either a Massey Bromley off the GER, or as others might have said, Caley.

The splashers are certainly reminiscent of both, whilst the cab is more GER methinks.

Paul
Dixie
LNER N2 0-6-2T

Post by Dixie »

It is certainly not of NER origin. However there is the look of LNWR about the photo, but cannot be more precise.
billbedford
H&BR Q10 0-8-0

Post by billbedford »

Yep, it's a Crewe type, but lots of companies built Crewe types.
Bill Bedford
Mousa Models
http://www.mousa-models.co.uk
LNER J94 0-6-0ST Austerity

Post by 60527 »

Caledonian Conner 88 Class No.90A

John
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Yeah the cab and splasher has a vague Caledonian Railway look about them and the front end smokebox and outside cylinder housing has a bit of a LNWR look about them.

So it's a 'Cally loco' after all John

Mickey
52D
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by 52D »

Thanks for helping me get to the bottom of this one, till the next one, cheers fellers.