F7s & quad arts?

Post your photographs of the LNER and its Constituents here! Links to film/video are also welcome.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun

52D
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

F7s & quad arts?

Post by 52D »

www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAD1Xrw-9Dc obviously repairing bomb damage out of my normal sphere of interest.
Hi interested in the area served by 52D. also researching colliery wagonways from same area.
manna
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Re: F7s & quad arts?

Post by manna »

G'day Gents

Good one, very interesting, I noticed that everyone was over 40, and most of them wore a suit and tie.

manna
EDGWARE GN, Steam in the Suburbs.
john coffin
LNER V2 2-6-2 'Green Arrow'

Post by john coffin »

surely they are quints???
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by 65447 »

john coffin wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:20 pm surely they are quints???
Paul is correct, they are Quins, and they appear to be the same sets cut into the film more than once in the early sequences. At 2.11- 2.14 an LT trolleybus passes under the bridge and later a train of ex-GE 50' or 54' suburban stock trundles by, probably pulled by an N7 but the film is cut and jumps at exactly the wrong moment.

The large overhead signal gantry that was brought down together with the long shot of the station at 3.20 in the distance should help identification.

Interesting to note the wide dispersal of appropriated PO Wagons during wartime too - plenty of them a long way from home.
52D
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by 52D »

Glad you guys helped with ID, well out of my normal sphere of interest.
Hi interested in the area served by 52D. also researching colliery wagonways from same area.
StevieG
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by StevieG »

I can add nothing about the location of the bomb crater.
The first piece with the working of the signal box clearly shows it equipped with Sykes Lock & Block instrumentation, widely installed on the Southern and also on some GER London routes.
Where the repairs are going on to pointwork in double track and an UQ bracket signal and box in the background, very hard to tell but I'm thinking the box might have a slight MR look about it.
Lastly those shots of the semi-collapsed signal gantry show it to have what appear to be signals and route indicators of SGE make, which were not as widely used as some other makes.
As it doesn't look to me at all like anywhere in the Kings Cross or Liv. St.- Bethnal Green areas, I'm thinking - somewhere in the Fenchurch Street approaches.
BZOH

/
\ \ \ //\ \
/// \ \ \ \