A Simulation of the Finsbury Park to Ally Pally Railway

Post your photographs of the LNER and its Constituents here! Links to film/video are also welcome.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun

Mick Berg
GER J70 0-6-0T Tram

A Simulation of the Finsbury Park to Ally Pally Railway

Post by Mick Berg »

For anyone who is interested, I have made a YouTube video of a simulation of the Finsbury Park to Alexandra Palace branch of the LNER.
Here is the link:

https://youtu.be/V8Dh8UgaKqU

I hope you enjoy it, please let me know what you think.

Mick Berg
Ecclesweb
LNER J94 0-6-0ST Austerity

Re: A Simulation of the Finsbury Park to Ally Pally Railway

Post by Ecclesweb »

Very good ! A very interesting watch !
manna
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by manna »

G'Day Folks

Quite enjoyed it, it's a railway I know fairly well, so I knew where I was all the time, But, there's always a But.....most of the signals would probably have been GN somersault signals right up to closure, second, on a booked service, it would be 'unlikely' to have been following another service, so close that it was catching up the train in front, you need more signals in the 'OFF' to run a service on time. The approach to Park Junction, yes that's fine and the same at Finsbury Park, they would be to only two places, that a signal would be 'ON'

Other that that, a really good effort, are you going to do the rest of the 'Northern Heights' ??????

manna

PS, I haven't checked, But I seem to recall that, some or all of the Northern Heights, had been changed to colour light signalling.
Last edited by manna on Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EDGWARE GN, Steam in the Suburbs.
john coffin
LNER V2 2-6-2 'Green Arrow'

Post by john coffin »

Really impressive work, I wish I could actually draw in 3d, let alone do all the work you have.

Rather like Manna, there are a couple of things, which may not be possible to change
but in most places, the points are not open in the correct direction.

also on the second station, many of the passengers are not on the platform, but rather floating.

I also think that the loco would not set off from a station if the signal was not raised(GNR somersault or not)

But fantastic work, really interesting to see,

thanks

Paul