Where is this GE station?

Post your photographs of the LNER and its Constituents here! Links to film/video are also welcome.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun

TrevorJ
GNR J52 0-6-0T

Where is this GE station?

Post by TrevorJ »

Attached are two stills from the 1948 version of The Winslow Boy showing the arrival of a Holden F6 (7228) with a quin-art set (10A). At the time of filming, 7228 was allocated to Stratford. Does anyone recognise the station which was presumably on the GER section somewhere close to London (the film was made at Denham Studios, so they wouldn't want to go far to film the scene!)
Attachments
Screenshot (71).png
Screenshot (72).png
Last edited by TrevorJ on Sun Feb 26, 2023 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hatfield Shed
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Re: Where is this GE station?

Post by Hatfield Shed »

Whoever knows can helpfully update this database.
https://railwaymoviedatabase.com/the-winslow-boy/
Mickey
LNER V2 2-6-2 'Green Arrow'

Post by Mickey »

Just a guess because I never really knew the GE suburban route out of Liverpool Street all that well especially the route from Bethnal Green to Cheshunt but maybe it is on the double-track section of the route starting just beyond Hackney Downs station that goes through Stoke Newington, Seven Sisters, Tottenham, Silver Street, Bruce Grove, Southbury and on towards Cheshunt?.
Original start date of 2010 on the LNER forum and previously posted 4500+ posts.
WTTReprinter
NER J27 0-6-0

Post by WTTReprinter »

I'm don't think it's an Enfield line station; most were either on embankments or in cuttings.
My first impulse is Cheshunt, looking south from the up platform. The line is level and the station buildings appear to be on the downside. Also, the footbridge is about the right place (though I haven't seen any early pictures of Cheshunt to compare)
Thanks.
WTT Reprinter
http://wttreprints.uk/