LNER oddities

Post your photographs of the LNER and its Constituents here! Links to film/video are also welcome.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun

52A
LNER V2 2-6-2 'Green Arrow'

LNER oddities

Post by 52A »

Alas I only have the ace!
Attachments
LNER Ace2.jpg
LNER Ace3.jpg
industrial
NBR J36 0-6-0

Re: LNER oddities

Post by industrial »

You hid that one up your sleve a long time, must had a wining streek not to have to use it. :lol: :lol:
52A

Post by 52A »

LNER record card, adopted by BR initially.

Note nothing about cards up sleeves!!
Attachments
RCF.jpg
RCR.jpg
John B
NBR D34 4-4-0 'Glen'

Post by John B »

52A, I am really grateful you posted the attachment of the LNER Ace playing card as it is the first external confirmation I have ever seen of the LNER badge used as the image to the left of all my LNER forum posts.

As far as I can tell it shows the same configuration and symbols as your on card. 8)
John B
52A

Post by 52A »

http://www.ssplprints.com/image.php?id= ... earch=true

A full colour copy is shown at this website.

Argent on a Cross Gules between in the first and fourth quarters a Griffen segreanl Sable in the second a Rose of the second leaved and slipped proper and in the third quarter a Thistle also leaved and slipped proper the Castle of Edinburgh proper between Lions passant guardant Or. And for the Crest On a Wreath of the Colours Issuant from Clouds of Steam the figure of Mercury Proper.

Hope that makes sense!
52D
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by 52D »

Why ye bugger man, the Chester Heralds on this forum. :D
Describe this one. Actually the GCR & LNER were the only true heraldic devices the other constituent companies used devices loosely based on heraldry or combinations of other devices the NBR motif shown combines the coat of arms of Edinburgh and Berwick upon Tweed. The encircling belt is used a lot in Scotland by clansmen showing that they were linked to the Chieftan of the clan whos arms would be enclosed by the belt.
Attachments
130102.jpg
130102.jpg (17.93 KiB) Viewed 5885 times
Hi interested in the area served by 52D. also researching colliery wagonways from same area.