PLEASE READ before posting

Post your photographs of the LNER and its Constituents here! Links to film/video are also welcome.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun

richard
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

PLEASE READ before posting

Post by richard »

This forum is intended as a useful place to post photographs of the LNER. This might include locomotives, rolling stock, stations, buildings, ships, etc. As with the rest of the forums, "LNER" also includes the Constituent Companies, and later companies that cover the same area (eg. Deltics and the ECML are both on topic).

You are responsible for the copyright of all images that you post. You must ensure that you have suitable permission, own the copyright, or have checked that it is out of copyright. Include a suitable image credit, where appropriate.

Although the "single link posts" rule is in effect (explanation), it is relaxed for this forum because many posts will be created purely to link to outside photo gallery sites. Please include some descriptions - thanks! Try to give a bit more detail than "This weekend's gala at the NYMR"! Eg. which locos did you manage to photograph?
Richard Marsden
LNER Encyclopedia
richard
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Re: PLEASE READ before posting

Post by richard »

Remember also that all images uploaded take a chunk out of my bandwidth and quotas. Hence individual images are currently limited to 500KB. There are times when the full 500KB is the right thing to do (e.g. high res line drawings), but in the VAST MAJORITY of cases, photographs can be readily trimmed to below 200KB without losing any detail of substance.

This applies to all of the forum folders here, but I am seeing a return to large image files which do not need to be large and could be <100KB. If people can't trim the images down, I shall have to reduce the maximum allowable size (again).
Richard Marsden
LNER Encyclopedia