Unknown station

Post your photographs of the LNER and its Constituents here! Links to film/video are also welcome.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun

Bryan
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Re: Unknown station

Post by Bryan »

Even worse there was a possibility of a shot of a Western Diesel the other week.
YNMR
NER J27 0-6-0

Post by YNMR »

At least the line is now passed for locos again!!!
Bryan
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Bryan »

That remains to be seen.
The routing of the tour was booked that way but I have not seen confirmation of it actually traversing Seamer - Hull.
Also the ban on loco hauled may only apply to steam, again confirmation required.
I was involved in the renewals on the line over the last few years and there is still an awful lot of older track especially between Driffield and Brid and more between Hunmanby and Filey.
When I say older I don't just mean Bullhead of which a fair proportion is circa 1941 probably from wartime strategic works. But 1957 Flatbottom on spiked sleepers which is very difficult to work with to say the least.
As part of our works we ran approx 6 Ballast trains a day for about 8 days around the circle in one direction or another. Class 66 and 15 self discharge Ballast wagons being the heaviest.
YNMR
NER J27 0-6-0

Post by YNMR »

Yes I know the line generally was in a poor condition but fortunatly it is being upgraded slowly but surely. My office is adjacent to the line in Beverley so it was quite a change from the normal digest of 158's to see the 66's and all the various work trains. Is it one the bridges north of Bridlington that is also quite an issue in terms of weight restrictions?
I have seen pictures of the Western at Bridlington so it did use the Coast line.
Last edited by YNMR on Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PinzaC55
LNER A3 4-6-2

Post by PinzaC55 »

Bryan wrote:
That remains to be seen.
The routing of the tour was booked that way but I have not seen confirmation of it actually traversing Seamer - Hull.
Also the ban on loco hauled may only apply to steam, again confirmation required.
I was involved in the renewals on the line over the last few years and there is still an awful lot of older track especially between Driffield and Brid and more between Hunmanby and Filey.
When I say older I don't just mean Bullhead of which a fair proportion is circa 1941 probably from wartime strategic works. But 1957 Flatbottom on spiked sleepers which is very difficult to work with to say the least.
As part of our works we ran approx 6 Ballast trains a day for about 8 days around the circle in one direction or another. Class 66 and 15 self discharge Ballast wagons being the heaviest.[/quote

Hi Bryan, re track renewals I just wondered whether you were aware of the proposal to reopen part of the Malton & Driffield Railway?
Bryan
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Bryan »

Hi Bryan, re track renewals I just wondered whether you were aware of the proposal to reopen part of the Malton & Driffield Railway?
Yes seen the links and just watched the Wharram quarry film.
I frequently drive past on the back roads from Hunmanby to York missing the A64.
Is it one the bridges north of Bridlington that is also quite an issue in terms of weight restrictions?
As far as I know it is Condition of Track but I stand to be corrected on that.
If there is a bridge problem I would suspect the waybeam bridge between Hunmanby and Royal Oak crossing where it crosses the road into Hunmanby.
Ferrybridge Flyer
NER C7 4-4-2

Post by Ferrybridge Flyer »

Bob it on railway chat then!
Bring back Ferrybridge station!
david
NER Y7 0-4-0T

southburn station & enthorpe & menthorpe gate

Post by david »

hello all I've got one of southburn station of the driffield to selby line here is the photo
southburn.jpg
Attachments
enthorpe2.jpg
david
NER Y7 0-4-0T

Post by david »

hello all again the other photo above which i forgot to mention is enthorpe station/signalbox here is another one of the driffield to selby line it's menthorpe gate and theres one of everingham and one of driffield
Attachments
menthorpe gate.jpg
everingham station.jpg
Driffield Station with canopy.jpg
Solario
GCR D11 4-4-0 'Improved Director'

Post by Solario »

Interesting pictures, David.

Do you have any dates?
david
NER Y7 0-4-0T

Post by david »

menthorpe gate picture is 1950's, driffield picture is around 1908, everingham picture is 1977, enthorpe picture I'm not sure I think the late 40's early 50?, southburn picture not sure probably the 1930's 1940's?
Bill Bedford
LNER A3 4-6-2

Post by Bill Bedford »

david wrote:menthorpe gate picture is 1950's, driffield picture is around 1908, everingham picture is 1977, enthorpe picture I'm not sure I think the late 40's early 50?, southburn picture not sure probably the 1930's 1940's?
The Enthorpe photo is later, From 1957 to not later than 60 or 61. The loco has a dirty smokebox number plate and the cars on the right hand side look like a Riley 1.5/Wolseley 1500 and a pre-war Standard
david
NER Y7 0-4-0T

Post by david »

hello here is another picture of middleton on the wolds railway station in 1910
Attachments
!BnneY7Q!Wk~$(KGrHqEOKkUEtkdQF3EoBLkNh,,9!!~~_12[1].jpg
PinzaC55
LNER A3 4-6-2

Post by PinzaC55 »

The Everingham photo was taken on the 10th of April 1977 - I know, because I took it. David, may I gently point out that when using Flickr photos you need to credit the photos and provide a link back to the original photo as per the Flickr rules?