Two for today

Post your photographs of the LNER and its Constituents here! Links to film/video are also welcome.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun

third-rail
GCR O4 2-8-0 'ROD'

Re: Two for today

Post by third-rail »

52A wrote:Clue...there is a castle behind the photographer (I did say the photo was awful!).
berwick????
52D
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by 52D »

:lol: 7029 Clun Castle :lol: and its classmates or a stone castle
Hi interested in the area served by 52D. also researching colliery wagonways from same area.
52A
LNER V2 2-6-2 'Green Arrow'

Post by 52A »

Yes Berwick it is, I don't remember the year. It is standing in the down siding adjacent the down main before heading back north. Stembock was right, there were clearance problems between Newcastle and Berwick so a number of trips were run over I think one week between Edinburgh and Berwick.

Once again apologies for the quality of the photo, taken on a sixpenny camera I think!
52D
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by 52D »

Are the two towers in the background the luggage lift on the station its a seldom seen angle shot, ive never seen any pics of DP1 North of Newcastle.
Technically the whole scene is in the castle, only the bit down to the river gate survived the NBRs vandalism when they built Berwick Station but i must say the Royal Border Bridge fits in to the scene with the old wall quite seamlessly.
Hi interested in the area served by 52D. also researching colliery wagonways from same area.
52A

Post by 52A »

Here is another shot (just as poor) looking north, down main on right, Border Bridge behind.
Attachments
Deltic.jpg
52A

Post by 52A »

Here is the correct view, sincere apologies to everyone, I have found it helps if the negative is the right way round!
Attachments
Delticb.jpg
StevieG
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by StevieG »

!retteb hcum - sknaht ,seY
BZOH

/
\ \ \ //\ \
/// \ \ \ \
52D
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by 52D »

I thought i had imbibed too much Stones when 52A said Berwick looking North. I thought the two towers were the the luggage lift but i couldnt work it out- Negative reversal hits us all.

All the best

52D