Alnmouth?

Post your photographs of the LNER and its Constituents here! Links to film/video are also welcome.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun

52D
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Alnmouth?

Post by 52D »

Hi on another site this is an unknown location, I think its Alnmouth looking North from the down platform. Although its a poor pic if you enlarge it there appears to be a plume of steam just about where the Alnwick branch diverged Westwards. Your thoughts gents.
Attachments
n_a.jpg
Hi interested in the area served by 52D. also researching colliery wagonways from same area.
Flamingo
GCR O4 2-8-0 'ROD'

Re: Alnmouth?

Post by Flamingo »

Not my area at all but it just so happens that I did once take a shot from the north end of Alnmouth down platform:
Attachments
This is definitely Alnmouth looking north from down platform. Fewer signals but the box looks like the one in the unknown picture.
This is definitely Alnmouth looking north from down platform. Fewer signals but the box looks like the one in the unknown picture.
52D
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by 52D »

Travelled behind that loco many times, ive had pic confirmed and dated to 1900 plus or minus 10 years. Would make an excellent model but i wouldnt like Chaz on my back about the signalling. I may be on that train. I dont know if you noticed the access stairway has been moved from the North to the South of the box and that the box still controls its section of the ECML. I think its the only pre grouping box on the ECML.

George
Hi interested in the area served by 52D. also researching colliery wagonways from same area.
third-rail
GCR O4 2-8-0 'ROD'

Post by third-rail »

52D wrote:Hi on another site this is an unknown location, I think its Alnmouth looking North from the down platform. Although its a poor pic if you enlarge it there appears to be a plume of steam just about where the Alnwick branch diverged Westwards. Your thoughts gents.
if its alnmouth has the box been altered because i can see no stairs

just noticed the above comment about the stairs
52D
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by 52D »

Thanks to all on and offline who quickly replied confirming the location as Alnmouth above.

George 52D
third-rail
GCR O4 2-8-0 'ROD'

Post by third-rail »

third-rail wrote:
52D wrote:Hi on another site this is an unknown location, I think its Alnmouth looking North from the down platform. Although its a poor pic if you enlarge it there appears to be a plume of steam just about where the Alnwick branch diverged Westwards. Your thoughts gents.
if its alnmouth has the box been altered because i can see no stairs

just noticed the above comment about the stairs
just found another lot of pictures of alnmouth taken from the north which shows better all the point work for all those signals.

http://www.northumbrian-railways.co.uk/ ... e=alnmouth