NYMR LNER Gala 2008

Post your photographs of the LNER and its Constituents here! Links to film/video are also welcome.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun

manna
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Re: NYMR LNER Gala 2008

Post by manna »

G'Day Gents

Now 'Thats' a loco. :wink:
manna
EDGWARE GN, Steam in the Suburbs.
StevieG
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Re: NYMR LNER Gala 2008

Post by StevieG »

manna wrote:G'Day Gents
Ahh the old style Pullmans,many is the time that I sat on the wall at Wood Green and watched them roar past, with the table lamps glowing on a typical murky winters day, I always felt that they were full of an old fashioned charm, the Met Cam did'n't have that.
I belive that they were serviced at Holloway CS, I remember that they use to be drawn out of Holloway CS, late afternoon, the cross over onto the up main (I think) for the run into the Cross, Sorry the pic is rather poor, a very misty day and a rotten little 126 :oops:
manna
Sounds about right to me manna. The train in the pic is on the long 'Through Siding' which was easily reachable from Holloway CS via either Down Goods No.1 or 2, and was the road from which Holloway High Level crossover began, going right across to the Up Goods , with single slips in each intermediate line. The TS also ran northwards right through until effectively becoming one of Western Sidings' roads. The three signals were Holloway North Down's starters for (l-r) Down Slow No.2, Slow 1, + Down Fast.
BZOH

/
\ \ \ //\ \
/// \ \ \ \