V2 Tank Trains

Post your photographs of the LNER and its Constituents here! Links to film/video are also welcome.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun

Steve05
NBR D34 4-4-0 'Glen'

V2 Tank Trains

Post by Steve05 »

Hi All,

A friend of mine is into military modeling and I got him excited with a great photograph of a V2 pulling a train load of Churchill tanks. It’s a small BW photo in the book titled, “A History of the LNER 3. The Last Years” by Michael R Bonavia. He seeks more for his modeling so a number of us are searching our magazines for similar shots but with no luck so far. Any suggestions to photography and/or links would be welcomed.

Regards

Steve
redtoon1892
GNR C1 4-4-2

Re: V2 Tank Trains

Post by redtoon1892 »

Quite a few pics of Stanier 8Fs in war service at home and abroad in an out of print book by D Bradford Barton titled Stanier 8F 2-8-0 & O S Nocks History of the L.M.S. - Part 3 - the war years & nationalisation 1939 - 1948

http://www.gauge0guild.com/Gazette/Article16_12.html
Steve05
NBR D34 4-4-0 'Glen'

Re: V2 Tank Trains

Post by Steve05 »

Hi redtoon1892,

I thank you for your post and your very interesting link. My mate was excited to see what can be achieved with a combination of model railways and military history…at last I say. However, he still would like to see more about the NE trains of the era as he has now found out that his grandmother once worked for the LNER.

Well I did warn him this was infectious.

Steve