Yes It's GWR BUT......

Post your photographs of the LNER and its Constituents here! Links to film/video are also welcome.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun

Deltic18
LNER J39 0-6-0

Yes It's GWR BUT......

Post by Deltic18 »

Afternoon all
Had a little trip to the Didcot Railway Centre today for the relaunch of the Steam Railmotor No.93. It was very well patronised and here are a couple of shots of this fine example of restoration.
Keith
Attachments
IMG_7019.JPG
IMG_7066.JPG
strang steel
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Re: Yes It's GWR BUT......

Post by strang steel »

It looks great. Can the public ride on it?

I ask because the A1 covenantor's day is held there in a couple of weeks time, and I would like a quick trip on it while I am there.
John. My spotting log website is now at https://spottinglogs.co.uk/spotting-rec ... s-70s-80s/
jwealleans
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by jwealleans »

That railmotor looks absolutely beautiful. There have been pictures in a number of the magazines. I hope we get to see the Autocar looking as good in a few years' time.
Deltic18
LNER J39 0-6-0

Post by Deltic18 »

John
It's in traffic this Bank Holiday weekend for it's relaunch. Other than that, I'm not sure. As they've just built a new shed for it and it's their latest "crowd puller", I would have thought that it will be out quite a bit. It really is very good inside and was riding very smoothly yesterday, even over the driving bogie. It was worth queuing up for yesterday!
Keith
strang steel
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by strang steel »

Thanks Keith.

Yes I think it will be in operation on that particular day, unless there is some unforeseen calamity. That is great news and I look forward to a ride on it.

I am just amazed that they have managed to restore it at all given the condition it must have been in.
John. My spotting log website is now at https://spottinglogs.co.uk/spotting-rec ... s-70s-80s/
52D
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by 52D »

Looking forward to the day when a railcar gala is possible, imagine this, The NER Autocar joining the GWR railcars and early BR versions at a suitable venue.
Hi interested in the area served by 52D. also researching colliery wagonways from same area.
52A
LNER V2 2-6-2 'Green Arrow'

Post by 52A »

52D wrote:Looking forward to the day when a railcar gala is possible, imagine this, The NER Autocar joining the GWR railcars and early BR versions at a suitable venue.
Alnwick branch!