any photos of early GNR carriages and tenders

Post your photographs of the LNER and its Constituents here! Links to film/video are also welcome.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun

john coffin
LNER V2 2-6-2 'Green Arrow'

any photos of early GNR carriages and tenders

Post by john coffin »

i know this is a long shot, but we are seeking any additional pictures of early carriages, and tenders on the gnr.

somehow, most photos of railway related items are either locos, or stations, rarely are there as many photos of carriages
or the rear end of tenders, but maybe you know better, if so can you either post, or let me have copies please?

paul
2512silverfox

Re: any photos of early GNR carriages and tenders

Post by 2512silverfox »

Who is 'we'?
john coffin
LNER V2 2-6-2 'Green Arrow'

Post by john coffin »

great northern railway society.
although we have many photos, you can never be sure what you have missed :lol:

and the other worry seems to be that people are buying postcards of pictures at fairs, then adding their own modern copyright on them, which is not i think a proper thing to do, since it destroys the link between the guy who actually did take the photos, and thus the history of them, seems the internet is making that more prevalent. :roll:

paul
52D
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by 52D »

john coffin wrote:great northern railway society.
although we have many photos, you can never be sure what you have missed :lol:

and the other worry seems to be that people are buying postcards of pictures at fairs, then adding their own modern copyright on them, which is not i think a proper thing to do, since it destroys the link between the guy who actually did take the photos, and thus the history of them, seems the internet is making that more prevalent. :roll:

paul
Yes thats a bit of a nono and a pet hate from me re-copyrighting postcards
Hi interested in the area served by 52D. also researching colliery wagonways from same area.