Bawtry goods shed photo search

Post your photographs of the LNER and its Constituents here! Links to film/video are also welcome.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun

mallardsp126
NER Y7 0-4-0T

Bawtry goods shed photo search

Post by mallardsp126 »

Hello all not sure if this is the right place to put this request or not sorry if ive put it in the wrong place but here goes I hope someone on here can be of some help .
I currently work for a small engineering company in Bawtry right next to the ECML we are based in the station goods shed and I have been searching for some photos of the goods shed when it was still in use it closed in 1971 as far I know but without much luck so could anyone point me to a possible web site that may have some pics of bawtry goods shed on it
many thanks in advance
Geoff
BHornsey
LNER N2 0-6-2T

Re: Bawtry goods shed photo search

Post by BHornsey »

Sorry, I couldn't find one of the goods shed but there is a few shots of the area on here:

http://www.signalboxes.com/bawtry.php

The website is run by a collegue on the S&T who's interested in local railway history. If you contact him, he may know of some other pictures.
Have you tried the local library BTW? They often have all sorts of things stashed away.

Brian (just up the road in Doncaster)
AndyRush
GNSR D40 4-4-0

Re: Bawtry goods shed photo search

Post by AndyRush »

Peterborough Museum Local History Photographs include a couple showing replacement of bridge No.315 to the south of the station in 1896 refs.Cb12* and Cf93*, but whether the goods shed figures I don't know. Similarly the Lens of Sutton collection lists 10987 and 10988, content unknown.
A postcard collector might know of some views, try John Alsop (Google him).

Although Bawtry closed to goods in 1971, it was a public delivery siding at the end, dealing almost exclusively with domestic coal. I would think the goods shed went out of use many years before that.

Here are a couple of shots taken in April 1982

Andy
Attachments
GN22-08-03.jpg
GN22-08-04.jpg