A1 Steam Trust contemplate their next loco

This forum is for news and announcements concerning the LNER, or this website.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

Trestrol
GCR D11 4-4-0 'Improved Director'

Re: A1 Steam Trust contemplate their next loco

Post by Trestrol »

coach 3188 from Quainton so i am told. also Darlington council are supportive to the erection of a carriage shed.
sawdust

Post by sawdust »

That is interesting! I know they have expansion plans with the aim of creating a "Didcot of the North".

Sawdust.
richard
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by richard »

I guess a private "Didcot of the North" could be a useful way for the Darlington Council to rid themselves of the museum. But remember, this is all rumour...
Richard Marsden
LNER Encyclopedia
Trestrol

Post by Trestrol »

richard wrote:I guess a private "Didcot of the North" could be a useful way for the Darlington Council to rid themselves of the museum. But remember, this is all rumour...
Apart from the fact that the person who told me about the coaches had a meeting with an official from the A1LST to discuss LNER coaches around the country that may be available.
Mercator II
GCR O4 2-8-0 'ROD'

Post by Mercator II »

I have had a email from Mark Allatt regarding the research after I asked him about this, below is his response

Question:

"Good Morning Mark

A discussion is currently going on on LNER.info that you might like, not sure what true, speculation or hype but it is entertaining

Best

Brian"
Reply:

"Thanks. All true! Basic research started on V4, V3, K3…. Don’t want a big gap this time….

Mark Allatt"

I put in my email a link to this discussion, and have edited other information out as was not relevant to this discussion

At this stage, I will confess that I am a member of the A1SLT and a serving member of the Merchandising Team, also class Mark as a friend and have known him for a while now, and have put my hand in my pocket as a Founders Club Member of PoW, all this though does not put me in the high ranks of privileged information

I know my preference for loco number three...

I await the next members news letter for further details

Brian
oOo

Brian

Garage Hobbit!!
Modelling in 00 on my heritage line, very GCR inspired
ahardy
LNER J94 0-6-0ST Austerity

Post by ahardy »

I can confirm they are looking at various locomotives mentioned in HR.

How do I know, because between P2 work I am carrying out some of the research as stated in the article. Its very early days but it gives information that can be the basis of facts and decisions.