Scotsman Latest

This forum is for news and announcements concerning the LNER, or this website.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

x568wcn
GNR C1 4-4-2

Scotsman Latest

Post by x568wcn »

The latest photo of the Scotsman from here in York.
She is sat on the main turn table, I missed the early turning, and wasn't going to wait 2 hours for the next turning, as I was scared of getting snowed in.

And whilst there I took a photo of the progress of the Scotsman Exhibition they are building, due to open in April.

Mark T
Attachments
291205-1249-small.JPG
Can you tell what it is yet? The Scotsman Display
(72.84 KiB) Downloaded 651 times
281205-1211-small.JPG
Just fits, but then that's what the turn table was made for!
(93.76 KiB) Downloaded 670 times
richard
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by richard »

Good photos.

I'm trying to picture where the display is located? It looks like one end of the workshop, but that would take up a large chunk of the workshop (with the balcony) - presumably it is somewhere else?

Richard
Richard Marsden
LNER Encyclopedia
x568wcn
GNR C1 4-4-2

The Scotsman Display

Post by x568wcn »

It's in the warehouse.
When you go from the main hall accross the tracks in to the workshop (which were close for a bit today for shunting, which were Cheltenham and Prince William) you enter the warehouse, and directly in front of you is a temporary wall all the way down to the left to the doors, and you go right you can walk around the top and the other side of it and the warehouse objects that were there are now shuved around and all squashed together, and you can't see most of what's there.

Hope you can work this out, and I'll be there for the grand opening...even if Scotsman won't!

mark t
richard
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by richard »

Thanks - I think I know where you mean.

Things were higgedly-piggedly in the warehouse when I was there in August, although there were definitely some gems waiting to be found.

Richard
Richard Marsden
LNER Encyclopedia