Scotsman Latest - 2 Pieces

This forum is for news and announcements concerning the LNER, or this website.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

x568wcn
GNR C1 4-4-2

Scotsman Latest - 2 Pieces

Post by x568wcn »

The latest from here in York, on the Scotsman.
After it's appearance on the turntable last week, it some how swapped places with the Stirling Single, and got back out, and is now ready to be die sected, and now the loco is in the workshop, and the tender is outside, yes they have started she is in 2 pieces!

As I'm going to go most weeks as and when I can, when I can't go on a weekend, I would normally have Friday off to go, and will do Fridays

In the future I will post the updates on my website www.4472.me.uk

Mark t
Attachments
tender.JPG
How many have a photo like these of Scotsman's Tender?
(82.59 KiB) Downloaded 559 times
1012-010106-2-teeny.JPG
2nd bit, the front end!
(67.39 KiB) Downloaded 559 times
By Mark t
(now known as silver fox)
www.yorksteam.co.uk
richard
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by richard »

Thanks for the photos.

I know you have your own site for pictures, but you're welcome to continue posting significant changes...

Richard
Richard Marsden
LNER Encyclopedia
x568wcn
GNR C1 4-4-2

Birthday Card

Post by x568wcn »

For my Birthday last November, I got a card off my Gran, which has a black and white photo of Green Arrow on the front in LNER livery, with an LNER A3 behind. Now, in my Green Arrow and the LNER V2 class book, there is a black and white photo taken 13th September 1975 in the Aire Valley at Crosshills, which has Green arrow at the front, and Scotsman behind, double heading a train. Back to the card, you can see it is Green Arrow, but it is not certainly Flying Scotsman, unless it was taken at the time, as Scotsman is too far back, and the cab is chopped off the photo, you can't read the name.
Well take a look at the view in the NRM workshop at the moment, Green Arrow at the front (minus Tender) and Scotsman at the back (minus Tender)
By Mark t
(now known as silver fox)
www.yorksteam.co.uk