Service with Style

This forum is for news and announcements concerning the LNER, or this website.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

Sniffer
H&BR Q10 0-8-0

Service with Style

Post by Sniffer »

As a birthday present I went to the NRM yesterday for the new "show" -

http://www.nrm.org.uk/planavisit/events ... with-style

Have to say it was excellent.
Re-open the Leeds Northern northwards !
Mickey

Re: Service with Style

Post by Mickey »

You couldn't beat the old B.R.Mk1 coaches with there commonwealth bogies they rode well and they always looked good behind anything from a Black 5 a Jubilee and a Britannia to a EE type 4 a Brush type 4 and a class 86 A/C Electric loco and everything inbetween and from a personal opinion i reckon they were the best passenger coaches ever built for the railways, i especially liked them in B.R.Maroon livery and the later B.R. blue/grey livery suited them very good as well.

Mickey
Wavey
LNER J39 0-6-0

Post by Wavey »

Went today with the family and thoroughly enjoyed it.
I did a bit of a write up for the LNERCA Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php? ... 7476964057
camscott
NER Y7 0-4-0T

Post by camscott »

FINSBURY PARK 5 wrote:You couldn't beat the old B.R.Mk1 coaches with there commonwealth bogies they rode well and they always looked good behind anything from a Black 5 a Jubilee and a Britannia to a EE type 4 a Brush type 4 and a class 86 A/C Electric loco and everything inbetween and from a personal opinion i reckon they were the best passenger coaches ever built for the railways, i especially liked them in B.R.Maroon livery and the later B.R. blue/grey livery suited them very good as well.

Mickey
Not sure what MK1's have to do with Gresley and Thompson coaches...!
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

camscott wrote:Not sure what MK1's have to do with Gresley and Thompson coaches...!
The original picture featured a B.R.Mk1 coach.

Mickey