Scotsman Latest - Again!

This forum is for news and announcements concerning the LNER, or this website.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

x568wcn
GNR C1 4-4-2

Scotsman Latest - Again!

Post by x568wcn »

The latest picture from York shows.....well take a look for yourself to see what's going on!

Mark t
By Mark t
(now known as silver fox)
www.yorksteam.co.uk
richard
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by richard »

They've dismantled the Kylchap? The smokebox looks a little empty at this angle, but I'm not sure how empty they usually are.

It looks like you get a lot of photos. What is your connection with the NRM - as a member of "Friends of the NRM"?

Richard
Richard Marsden
LNER Encyclopedia
x568wcn
GNR C1 4-4-2

Post by x568wcn »

No conection what so ever, it's just a matter of being there, although I do know a couple of people who volenter there, one was working on the Scotsman trips through the summer, we met in the car park one wednesday whilst I waited for Scotsman to come out, which she did that day! One day I waited, and the 2 blokes waiting to top the coal up went back in to the warmth, then came back out and came accross to say she'd bust again, and Olton Hall came out, anyway, I got good fotage of her at very close quarters outside the museum. Although I've never caught Scotsman filling up the coal, I did from a very far distance catch Union of South Africa on video (no wonder she was a hour late, 3 more shovel fulls, and she'd have been out, see attached photo!) but the sun was setting right behind her, so it's not too good.

That's why I only get the workshop gallery views, and not down below.
I had some very good phootos from late August, from further down the line, where the sidings are, and I have them on the website, but my computer broke, and I lost from mid June, although I had uploaded the Duchess of Sutherland full size photos, so they're ok, as we chased her through the county, I saw her leave at 8:00, then we went all the way to Ribblehead to see her come back (10 mins early!) then bet her back to York!

It's just a matter of going each week, as you never know what you are going to see at the museum, at the moment, there's a LNER teak Buffet car just the other side of the doors from Green Arrow's tender, which is the other side of Scotsman on the photo.
It looks as though Green Arrow is going no where, and Scotsman is being done as stands, as they both have their tenders removed, as space is at a preium in the museum. You can see the view in the workshop there, outside, there is Schools Class Cheltenham, the NRM Support Coach, the LNER Teak Buffet Car, the other side of the walkway to the warehouse, you can Scotsman's tender and class 47 Prince Willaim.

Mark T
Attachments
60009-1416-171205-york-10-top-30%.JPG
(39.08 KiB) Downloaded 408 times
By Mark t
(now known as silver fox)
www.yorksteam.co.uk