The Modern Day LNER : VE Day

This forum is for news and announcements concerning the LNER, or this website.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

StevieG
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

The Modern Day LNER : VE Day

Post by StevieG »

I hope you don't mind my posting the following here richard.

A long shot I'm sure, but I have been contacted by a retired railwayman colleague and ,friend who in turn has received the following appeal (see below).

Time is short, but is there anyone on here who fits the bill, or knows someone who does, that would or might be willing to be put in touch with the modern East Coast Main Line LNER Train Operating Company please ? If yes, but (like me) you don't have a direct contact with LNER, please let me know. and I will pass word back through my friend.

Thanks very much.
StevieG
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Dear all

Excuse me for bothering you but I need to ask if anyone knows of anyone still living, and contactable, who was working for the LNER in May 1945?!

The reason for asking is that the present day LNER TOC’s Public Relations team are trying to contact anyone from that era to include their story in the VE Day coverage next month. Any thoughts please?

Thanks for your time and trusting that we are all keeping out of harm's way at this time?

Keep safe.

Mike Lambort"
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
BZOH

/
\ \ \ //\ \
/// \ \ \ \