Tornado + Mallard

This forum is for news and announcements concerning the LNER, or this website.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

adge
LNER Thompson L1 2-6-4T

Re: Tornado + Mallard

Post by adge »

neilgow wrote:I was very fortunate in October 1986 to see the three LNER Pacifics at Princes Risborough.

Sir Nigel Gresley
Mallard
Flying Scotsman.

Mallard came back in the dark, looking and sounding good, given the money wasted on the A3 it would have been much better to have Mallard back with us and at least it would be available to a larger percentage of the population.
That was a fabulous month or so with the three plus Clan Line working the Shakespeares out of Marylebone. Went on one of the trips - Scotsman down, Mallard up, tremendous experience and an incredible number of people through the Chiltern area turned out to see each train. Gresley didn't work all the weekends because she was working on the Watercress (I think) for a spell and came back grimy and work stained - a contrast with the others who were kept sparkling clean. Have some photos around from those trips including 7 on the turntable at Marylebone, will try and dig them out.
52A
LNER V2 2-6-2 'Green Arrow'

Post by 52A »

Sarah
NER Y7 0-4-0T

Post by Sarah »

well worth every single minute of the wait just to see these two together. amazing :)
jay
LNER N2 0-6-2T

Post by jay »

Well we arrived safely at shildon 2 minutes early after a steady run up the ecml, crowds all the way up.

Now, who said it should never of happened........
Sarah
NER Y7 0-4-0T

Post by Sarah »

well I for one am pleased she is here. it will give Shildon a much needed boost i think.

as for people saying it shouldnt have happened, I have been getting really annoyed at the rude comments about shildon on the NRM facebook page from people who havent even been here :(
steamingyorkshire
GCR O4 2-8-0 'ROD'

Post by steamingyorkshire »

Well I managed it... Shipton, Northallerton & arrival into Shildon...

I have however forgotton to bring my connection leads to Sunderland, so I can't get anything off my Camcorder until Friday.

Looked fantastic this afternoon, hopefully everything went Ok today.
Flying Scotsman
LNER N2 0-6-2T

Post by Flying Scotsman »

Hi everyone,

Now Mallard is at Shildon what going to happen to Dynamometer car? Surely, it should have been taken with her. :!:

Thanks everyone
jay
LNER N2 0-6-2T

Post by jay »

Flying Scotsman wrote:Hi everyone,

Now Mallard is at Shildon what going to happen to Dynamometer car? Surely, it should have been taken with her. :!:

Thanks everyone
The Dynamometer car is coming to shildon, but its not aloud to travel on the mainline, so it will be coming on the back of a lowloader in a few weeks time.
Ferrybridge Flyer
NER C7 4-4-2

Post by Ferrybridge Flyer »

Glad everything went well Jay-i was one of the nay-sayers,and i was wrong!!!More great publicity for both museums.Good move!!!! :oops: :D
Bring back Ferrybridge station!