Correct incorrect A4 lining

This forum is for news and announcements concerning the LNER, or this website.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

coachmann
GCR D11 4-4-0 'Improved Director'

Correct incorrect A4 lining

Post by coachmann »

Just had a look in on Hattons site and Bachmann have produced 'Class A4 No. 60019 'Bittern' in late BR livery with the correct incorrect parabolic curve lining, applied at its final BR shopping. Bachmann clearly pays attention to photos.
Atlantic 3279
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Re: Correct incorrect A4 lining

Post by Atlantic 3279 »

Isn't the Bachmann "parabolic" curve somewhat adrift "as standard" on all of thier A4s anyway?
Most subjects, models and techniques covered in this thread are now listed in various categories on page1

Dec. 2018: Almost all images that disappeared from my own thread following loss of free remote hosting are now restored.
coachmann
GCR D11 4-4-0 'Improved Director'

Post by coachmann »

Isn't the Bachmann "parabolic" curve somewhat adrift "as standard" on all of thier A4s anyway?
I've just looked in the Bachmann 2007 catalogue and you're right. However, the curve on the Bachmann 'Bittern' differs from previous efforts, being a large curve that dissapears into the 'splasher'. Trouble is, Bachmann have added a horizontal piece of lining for good measure, which I don't think was there on the full size machine. If anyone has pictures looking down on Bittern after its final BR repaint this might solve the mystery.

Link : http://www.hattons.co.uk/ProductList/Re ... ndYear.asp

PS : The Bachmann drive-through coaling stage will suit LNWR modellers!
silver fox
GCR O4 2-8-0 'ROD'

Post by silver fox »

I have the model in front of me as I speak, and don't actually understand the curve, as I'm too young to have seen them all!
But one question, all the boiler bands are lined, except for the last one, nearest the cab, is this right too?
By Mark t
http://www.youtube.com/yorksteam
(I was here first, with the space!)