GNR Enthusiasts

This forum is for news and announcements concerning the LNER, or this website.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

52D
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

GNR Enthusiasts

Post by 52D »

The "Making Tracks" exhibition - marks the centenary of the opening of the GNR railway line from Grange Park to Cuffley on 4th April 1910. This exhibition will be held at the Forty Hall Museum - from the 28th April to 20th June 2010, Wednesday's to Sunday's: 11 am to 4 pm, and Admission is Free!

Imported from another site i know we have a number of interested parties on this forum
Hi interested in the area served by 52D. also researching colliery wagonways from same area.
Bryan
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Re: GNR Enthusiasts

Post by Bryan »

Where is the "Forty Hall Museum"?
52D
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by 52D »

Sorry Bryan i just cut and pasted as message was written on the other LNER site.

George
Hi interested in the area served by 52D. also researching colliery wagonways from same area.
ajax103
LNER N2 0-6-2T

Post by ajax103 »

Bryan wrote:Where is the "Forty Hall Museum"?
Forty Hall
Forty Hill
Enfield
EN2 9HA
England

I strongly suggest you attend as it's very well put together and a great day out, I went to the launch yesterday as a guest and actually found out some interesting stuff about the line that I never knew.

Stuff like how many more staff there were at Gordon Hill compared with today and how 313s used to have a smoking carriage!