New Pages: Local Carriages

This forum is for news and announcements concerning the LNER, or this website.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

richard
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

New Pages: Local Carriages

Post by richard »

Thank you to Mike Bootman and the LNER Study Group for a number of new PDF pages containing information about the prototype LNER local carriages that have been used as a basis for the new Hornby models.

These are contained in a new section for rolling stock.

The Local Carriages section ( http://www.lner.info/stock/carriages/local.shtml ) contains pages for:
  • Diagram 47 & 48 Non-vestibuled 7 Compartment First
  • Diagram 49 & 50 Non-vestibuled Semi-Corridor Lavatory Composite
  • Diagrams 56 & 57 8 Compartment Third; Diagram 55 8 compartment Second
  • Diagram 64, 65, & 128 4 Compartment Brake Third
And the LNER NPCS section ( http://www.lner.info/stock/npcs/lner.shtml ):
  • Diagram 245 Vestibuled Brake Van - Pigeon (BGP)

The rolling stock section has been divided into Carriages, NPCS, Wagons, and Non-Revenue Earning. Initially I plan to work on the wagons and non-revenue earning wagons, before moving on to the NPCS and Carriages. It could be difficult to find suitable information and pictures for most vehicles.

The current plan is to arrange each section by type, and then company. For example, wagons will be divided by hopper, open, box van, cattle van, etc. Then each of these sections will have a page for each constituent company and LNER. Where appropriate, a company might have two pages - eg. the NER should probably have separate pages for coal hoppers and iron ore hoppers. Pages will probably list all vehicle diagrams that I can find information for - and ideally include a drawing or photo for each diagram as well.

Observant readers will also notice a new (empty) shipping section. This is something which will probably be added next year. It has been added now to balance out the modified titles and content boxes.
Richard Marsden
LNER Encyclopedia
Blink Bonny
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Re: New Pages: Local Carriages

Post by Blink Bonny »

Fascinating drawings, Richard. Do I dig out the plasticard or what?

Hmmmm..... :mrgreen:
If I ain't here, I'm in Bilston, scoffing decent chips at last!!!!
Kestrel
NER C7 4-4-2

Post by Kestrel »

Hi

Thanks for listing the above diagram details but is there any chance of listing the diagram details of the other 'new' teak coaches available from Hornby.

Thanks in advance

Kestrel
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by 65447 »

Kestrel wrote:Hi

Thanks for listing the above diagram details but is there any chance of listing the diagram details of the other 'new' teak coaches available from Hornby.

Thanks in advance

Kestrel
That has already been thought about and, subject to how well folks like you receive the ones that we have already done (and we do appreciate your thanks), could be put into the programme for this coming year. However, it might also depend on whether Hornby announces any more LNER carriages for 2012...

PLEASE - no wishlisting or frothing or other foaming at the keyboard; it's too late to change any plans that Hornby have made and will annoy the people who provide the information that you would like to have...
CVR1865
GNR C1 4-4-2

Post by CVR1865 »

Hi,
That is a really interesting and useful addition.

Many thanks
Simon
don't forget about the Great Eastern Railway