2012 Shildon MRC Exhibition, 13th & 14th October

This forum is for news and announcements concerning the LNER, or this website.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

Jades
LNER N2 0-6-2T

2012 Shildon MRC Exhibition, 13th & 14th October

Post by Jades »

The 2012 Shildon MRC Exhibition is this weekend, the 13th and 14th of October, at Locomotion in Shildon. There will be 18 layouts, with scales from N to O, and plenty of trade support. Full details on the Shildon MRC website.

For those whose scale preference is more towards 12 inches to the foot, there are still lots of interesting things to see. LNER-related locomotive highlights I saw today (Friday 12th) included (company, class and number according to current livery):-

NER M1 No. 1621
NER electric No. 1
GNR Stirling Single No. 1 [still with the wrong tender, not sure how they're getting on with restoring the proper one]
BR J21 65033 [well, most of it anyway]
BR A4 60008 Dwight D. Eisenhower
BR A4 60010 Dominion of Canada

Any one of these would've made an excellent backdrop to the layout we're showing, Castledale, but we're having to settle for LMS 'Black 5' No. 5000. Boooooo! ;-)

As usual we'll be showing our extensive collection of stock from all-steam BR Early Crest and transitioning through BR Late Crest to the shiney new all-diesel future. If you're making a day of it be sure to check back regularly. Some of locos only appear on this layout, due to not running on our other layouts because of size, practicality or era. Of particular note are an Early Crest A8, two V2s, a 9F and an A4. We'll also be running a G5 with two-car push-pull set in the morning, before its inevitable replacement by a DMU.

[Apologies if I've upset anyone by posting to both LNER News and Model Railways, I thought it would apply to both].