More good news, A1 Trust this time!!

This forum is for news and announcements concerning the LNER, or this website.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

Mercator II
GCR O4 2-8-0 'ROD'

More good news, A1 Trust this time!!

Post by Mercator II »

The A1 Trusts own service coach has made it!!!

After 3 years in the Hopetown works, our own service coach has been united with Tornado, looking splended in carmine & cream

http://www.a1steam.com/index.php?option ... Itemid=123

If all goes well with full certification, it will be used for the first time next week on our own tour 'The Elizabethan' on Tuesday 11th June from KX to Edinburgh

Mark Allatt, Chairman of The A1 Steam Locomotive Trust said, “This is the culmination of three years of hard work by our dedicated team of volunteers and contractors to not only restore this heritage carriage, but to also fit and kit it out to class leading standards. The coach is completely unique and boasts a wealth of features not seen in support coaches to date. It’s a real asset for the A1 Trust and all those who help keep Tornado steaming the length and breadth of the National Network.”

I cant wait to use it myself, with all the most modern equipment on board, it can do everything apart from move itself. It had been fitted out with all the 'toys' that big T has, on-board electric lamps for mainline running on both ends, a generator to provide 240v electric, full central heating to keep us warm when the loco is away, a fully fitted modern kitchen so we can eat proper food, a dedicated store for all our merchandise for on train sales to name a few

A big thank you to all the team up at Hopetown for all their hard work

oOo

Brian
oOo

Brian

Garage Hobbit!!
Modelling in 00 on my heritage line, very GCR inspired
CVR1865
GNR C1 4-4-2

Re: More good news, A1 Trust this time!!

Post by CVR1865 »

Well done indeed and great news.
don't forget about the Great Eastern Railway
GCR O4 2-8-0 'ROD'

Re: More good news, A1 Trust this time!!

Post by 61070 »

Mercator II wrote: If all goes well with full certification, it will be used for the first time next week on our own tour 'The Elizabethan' on Tuesday 11th June from KX to Edinburgh
All presumably went well, because loco and coach made a fine sight - amid Tyneside landmarks old and new - just after 1pm today.
Thanks A1 Trust! (My sister, who's a covenantor, was on board.)
Attachments
DSC_0193 adj comp.jpg