A1SLT & P2SLC updates

This forum is for news and announcements concerning the LNER, or this website.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

drmditch

Re: A1SLT update, anyone fancy a P2

Post by drmditch »

The thread for the new P2 name is here :- viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3630&hilit=what+sh ... the+new+p2

I like my friends suggestion of 'Duke of Edinburgh'. It seems entirely appropriate in a number of ways!
Mercator II
GCR O4 2-8-0 'ROD'

Post by Mercator II »

The new website is now up and running for the P2 Project

I havent had time yet to read it, but thought members here would like the info

www.p2steam.com

oOo

Brian
oOo

Brian

Garage Hobbit!!
Modelling in 00 on my heritage line, very GCR inspired
James Harrison
GCR O4 2-8-0 'ROD'

Post by James Harrison »

They have a facebook presence too, which I have joined:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1407030846180541/

They are saying on there that come next February there will be more fundraising options than just the Founders' Club, which is a relief- I want to support this project but can't spare the £1000 at the moment :D
Mercator II
GCR O4 2-8-0 'ROD'

Re: A1SLT & P2SLC updates

Post by Mercator II »

Just a shorty

With Barrow Hill coming up this weekend, and Tornado attending (all be it under winter maintainance) what better time to come along and support both the A1SLT & P2SLC

With the P2 now gaining charitable status, the fund raising from the Founders Club is now worth a staggering £300,000, so well done to all those that have started this ball rolling

With this, the frames have been ordered for both the loco & the tender (info from Steam Railway Mag) and are understood to be delivered with all going well by mid/late spring, at which time the Founders Club will be closed and the next stage of fund raising prepared for launch

It is an amazing time to be an LNER fan

I am really looking forward to the Team Day at the end of March for a full report

See you all at the Hill!!

oOo

Brian
Last edited by Mercator II on Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oOo

Brian

Garage Hobbit!!
Atlantic 3279
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Atlantic 3279 »

Tonight's "Inside Out" on BBC North at 7.30pm looks potentially interesting.........
Most subjects, models and techniques covered in this thread are now listed in various categories on page1

Dec. 2018: Almost all images that disappeared from my own thread following loss of free remote hosting are now restored.
Mercator II
GCR O4 2-8-0 'ROD'

Post by Mercator II »

Some bloke wandered into Darlington Locomotive works and insisted on making the first component for No. 2007

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17pZp9IlyNI

Now I am getting very excited, we now have the names plates, smoke box door dart and the frames steel ordered (an I here whispers that something else big is about to be announced, but my standing doesnt reach that far in the pecking order :( )

oOo

Brian
oOo

Brian

Garage Hobbit!!
Atlantic 3279
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Atlantic 3279 »

Point 1. What is that bloke doing anywhere near a lathe with long hair like that not restrained by a hair net?

Point 2. With turning going on why aren't they all wearing properly marked, impact-resistant safety glasses with non-removable side shields?
Most subjects, models and techniques covered in this thread are now listed in various categories on page1

Dec. 2018: Almost all images that disappeared from my own thread following loss of free remote hosting are now restored.