The GNR & LNER in Doncaster

This forum is for news and announcements concerning the LNER, or this website.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

2512silverfox

The GNR & LNER in Doncaster

Post by 2512silverfox »

This slim volume by Peter Tuffrey was published by AMBERLEY in August priced £16.99 but I do not think that I have seen it mentioned on the forum and contributors may find it of interest.

It comprises a number of photographs with extended captions in the style of the albums by Malcolm Crawley to whom it is dedicated. Most of the photographs are official views, some of which are from prints for which no negative longer exists and from the acknowledgements, I suspect that a lot of these came from the private collection of Ben Burrell sometime photographer at the Plant.

There will be duplications of prints published elsewhere but it is still a useful collection for any student of the GNR and LNER.
notascoobie
GCR O4 2-8-0 'ROD'

Re: The GNR & LNER in Doncaster

Post by notascoobie »

Hi,

I've aleady got "Doncaster Plant Works" "Doncaster & its Railways" and "Doncaster Steam" by the same author. It would be nice if this new volume uses fresh material rather than rehashes what has been published before. I will definitely have a look at a copy when I see one.

Regards,

Vernon