NER breakdown crane at NRM York

This forum is for news and announcements concerning the LNER, or this website.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

Rlangham
LNER P2 2-8-2

NER breakdown crane at NRM York

Post by Rlangham »

Not the biggest LNER news in the world, but was glad to find the Cravens built 1907 North Eastern Railway Breakdown crane at York has been moved inside to the 'Depot' (where diesel fans will be pleased to note the Class 40 D200 had someone working on it and noticed it already looked better than my last visit). Hopefully the crane will also receive some attention, the side now on show had been up against the outside of the Station Hall for what must be at least several years, and was rather green

Author of 'The North Eastern Railway in the First World War' - now available in paperback!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/North-Eastern-R ... 781554552/

Happy to help with anything relating to the railways in the First World War, just ask
Rlangham
LNER P2 2-8-2

Re: NER breakdown crane at NRM York

Post by Rlangham »

Tonight I've started uploading photos from my iPhone - I hope they're not too big?
Author of 'The North Eastern Railway in the First World War' - now available in paperback!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/North-Eastern-R ... 781554552/

Happy to help with anything relating to the railways in the First World War, just ask
richard
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by richard »

Does seem a lot dirtier than I remember. I guess they only cleaned the side that was visible?
Richard Marsden
LNER Encyclopedia
Trestrol
GCR D11 4-4-0 'Improved Director'

Post by Trestrol »

Would be nice if they could couple the LNER Ballast Break van at Shildon and a couple of vans to form a breakdown train display.