LNER Pacifics Remembered - Peter Townend

This forum is for news and announcements concerning the LNER, or this website.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

strang steel
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

LNER Pacifics Remembered - Peter Townend

Post by strang steel »

Just to let everyone know that this book, by Irwell Press, has now been published. ISBN 978-1-906919-64-1

I received my copy this morning, which was something of a surprise as I had completely forgotten that I had pre-ordered it (whilst in an alcoholic haze) around Christmas time.

I have only given the book a brief once-over (i.e. looked at some of the pictures), but it seems to be an excellent offering, and is mainly comprised of thoughts/memories on the locomotives from those who worked with them. The chapters were to be included in East Coast Pacifics At Work, but there was not room to include them and they were left out, but are now published in this volume.

There are lots of fascinating (to me anyway) photos.
John. My spotting log website is now at https://spottinglogs.co.uk/spotting-rec ... s-70s-80s/
60129 GUY MANNERING
GER D14 4-4-0 'Claud Hamilton'

Re: LNER Pacifics Remembered - Peter Townend

Post by 60129 GUY MANNERING »

John,
thanks for that, will order it now as a pressy from Me to Me.
Regards,Derek.
delticfan
LNER J94 0-6-0ST Austerity

Re: LNER Pacifics Remembered - Peter Townend

Post by delticfan »

Two books dropped through the letterbox this morning, em1 & em2 also lner Pacifica remembered - now I can stop painting the fence! Both look good with some photos not seen before - pictures inside the plant are always interesting.