Rails of Sheffield / Sonic J50 shipping (N scale)

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

richard
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Rails of Sheffield / Sonic J50 shipping (N scale)

Post by richard »

Looks like the Rails of Sheffield / Sonic N scale J50 is finally shipping - they sent an email claiming mine is on the way!
Mine is one of the unlined LNER examples. Forget which number but it spent time in the West Riding.

I've had similar emails from Ford and out my new car and I'm still waiting 6 weeks later, and that is within the same country, so we'll see..
Richard Marsden
LNER Encyclopedia
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Re: Rails of Sheffield / Sonic J50 shipping (N scale)

Post by 65447 »

Guessing that the Ford is also in unlined black?
richard
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by richard »

:-) I didn't order it as such - although dealers around here tend to charge more for the stripe which you never requested...
Black in Texas heat? I don't think so...

Instead of blaming the postal service, Ford are blaming the railroads though - "it is on a railroad car somewhere"...
Richard Marsden
LNER Encyclopedia
kimballthurlow
GCR D11 4-4-0 'Improved Director'

Post by kimballthurlow »

Ordering cars is funny.
I have noted from 2 independent buyers from the same European brand vendor (12 months apart), the excuse for delay as follows.
The car has cleared Customs but is quarantined because the Department of Agriculture found grass seeds in the tyres.
When the seeds are removed they will be released.
(Foortnote: Australia has particularly stringent controls on entry of food, vegetable and animal matter and flora).

Kimball
richard
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by richard »

Well, they all arrived. The J50 arrived first. Nicely detailed with some tiny mouldings on the top of the tanks - I think I'll only let my son run it with supervision.

They finally found the Mach-E and I took delivery last Tuesday. Looks like it came from Mexico. Makes sense, but for some reason I was assuming Michigan. Very nice. Of course all the cameras/safety stuff are great compared to my long-in-the-tooth Prius, but it doesn't half go. I was right not to pay for the "GT".
Richard Marsden
LNER Encyclopedia