Atlantic's works: Portable layout update

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

Mersey508138
NBR J36 0-6-0

Re: Atlantic's works: Portable layout update

Post by Mersey508138 »

Seems like my idea of using markits wheels is not a good idea if I am understanding what I have read correctly but just to add some further information onto my idea, the thought was to also use the original shouldered screws that hold the connecting rods in place but the hiccup woukd have been working out slthe size of the stepped hornby crank pin.
Atlantic 3279
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Atlantic 3279 »

Well if the Hornby shouldered screws fit the holes in the Markits wheels, you're half-way there - IF that is, the shouldered screws themselves fully accommodate the thickness of the rods. If half of the rod thickness is accommodated by a shoulder/step on the pin/boss of the Hornby wheel, you'd need to find a way to emulate that provision.

And welcome everybody to page 400...
Most subjects, models and techniques covered in this thread are now listed in various categories on page1

Dec. 2018: Almost all images that disappeared from my own thread following loss of free remote hosting are now restored.
Mersey508138
NBR J36 0-6-0

Post by Mersey508138 »

Many thanks for that Graeme, your advice and that of all the members and staff ( mods ) is always appreciated and welcome
Mercator II
GCR O4 2-8-0 'ROD'

Post by Mercator II »

Congrats on 400 pages🥳

Soo much useful and inspiring modelling, thank you for sharing
oOo

Brian

Garage Hobbit!!
Modelling in 00 on my heritage line, very GCR inspired