Wood Green (Alexandra Palace)

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

gordons19
GNR J52 0-6-0T

Re: Wood Green (Alexandra Palace)

Post by gordons19 »

I can't disagree and said so in my original post that it pre dated the '50's, but having checked with later maps, the two station buildings appear in the same place, which would suggest the footbridge connecting the two would follow the same line. I will keep searching for more conclusive evidence from the 50's, but at least it's a start.

I have pics which clearly show the two outer platforms with ramps down towards KX and the centre platform with a ramp in the opposite direction, which would suggest it was unchanged all those years later.
StevieG
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by StevieG »

If you can find one, an issue of the quarterly London Railway Record of around 12-18 months ago had a colour feature of Wood Green photos in its centre, including one or two at platform level: might give one or two clues.
BZOH

/
\ \ \ //\ \
/// \ \ \ \
Woodcock29
LNER Thompson B1 4-6-0 'Antelope'

Post by Woodcock29 »

There are a number of photos of Wood Green station in Peter Coster's The Book of the Great Northern Part One (Irwell). These may help.

Andrew Emmett
manna
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by manna »

G'Day Gents
https://photos.smugmug.com/RAILWAYS/LOC ... 1000-L.jpg

I hope this works, it's a good low down picture of Wood Green, with a nice picture of a K3, the other interesting view in this picture is the height of the platform, it's as low as Finsbury Park, at one point in the 1920 to 1940 period, it's been raised, any more information.

manna
EDGWARE GN, Steam in the Suburbs.