D & S instructions

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

jwealleans
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

D & S instructions

Post by jwealleans »

I am restoring two poorly built D & S kits and would appreciate a scan of the instructions if anyone has them.

They are DS 75, LDEC Horsebox and DS127, GE Special Cattle Van.

Email/PM if you can help and my thanks in advance.
GCR D11 4-4-0 'Improved Director'

Post by 45609 »

Hi JW,

I'm afriad I can't help you with this one but why don't you ask Danny Pinnock directly he might be able to supply you with new instructions.

On the subject of D&S the following was posted of the P4Talk forum this afternoon.

I spoke to someone today who is on first-name terms with Mr Pinnock.

According to him, a deal regarding the sale of the 4mm etched kits 'en bloc' to another party is under negotiation and should be completed this autumn.

I cannot warrant this personally but I believe it to be true.

Meanwhile one of the D&S GCR coach kits has apparently just sold for £120 or
thereabouts on eBay.

I couldn't believe the price that coach fetched. :shock:

Cheers...Morgan
mick b
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by mick b »

I think it was over £130 totally bonkers!!!!!!!!!!!
Good news re the kits
Mick
jwealleans
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by jwealleans »

That is the best news I've had in a long time, Morgan. I hope whoever takes it on does it the justice that Danny and Sylvia did.

I was going to go to Danny if the forums didn't coeme up with anything. I'm still at the stage of hacking glue off, so a couple of days won't spoil anything and I do have drawings for both of them anyway.

That coach had me gobsmacked as well - I might look at getting some of my stash on there while the market is still silly if they're going to go for that sort of ridiculous sum!
rob
GCR D11 4-4-0 'Improved Director'

Post by rob »

Jonathan,checked my not inconsiderable stash for these but no luck.(I might ask what was so special about GER cattle anyway!) I hope the news re a sale en bloc is correct,but it would not surprise me as the last time I talked to Dan(July) he mentioned total retirement,getting more involved in local history and writing a book about his locality!That wonderful range he built up with Sylvia deserves to be continued under dedicated ownership.I really hope it is true!
E-bay is really some sort of twilight zone though isn't it?