Questions regarding Peco Track

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

Frazmataz
NBR D34 4-4-0 'Glen'

Questions regarding Peco Track

Post by Frazmataz »

Some questions regarding Peco Streamline in 00 scale:

1. What's the difference between code 100 and code 75 track?

2. Are Peco insulfrog turnouts isolated, or non-insulated, or are both types available? And if they only sell isolated, does anyone know where I can get appropriate non-isolated dead frog turnouts?
rob
GCR D11 4-4-0 'Improved Director'

Post by rob »

The difference is in rail height-75 is finer in appearance,and can look very well.Both insulated (deadfrog) and non-insulated(live frog) are available incode 100 except diamonds or slips.Practically,you can run some older,coarser wheels on 100 but unless you have a lot of older locos go with code 75.They are live frog,though you can get insulated slips and diamonds,but there is not much different to wiring insulated points and way better for running.I don't think much of their wiring diagrams though!Finer scale modellers object to the closer than scale sleeper spacing on the flexi track which they probably should not have carried over into the code 75 from the existing code 100 track.
Frazmataz
NBR D34 4-4-0 'Glen'

Post by Frazmataz »

thanks for the help rob :D but when I was taking about isolation, I meant the two types of dead frogs: Isolating dead frogs that stop current in, say, a siding, when the points are set against the siding; and a non-insulated dead frog turnout that lets current flow whichever direction the point are set, which is really useful for sidings that go in the opposite direction of the current. My track plan calls for one of these. So, do you know if Peco does a code 75 turnout of this type? And if not, do you know where I could get one?
Frazmataz
NBR D34 4-4-0 'Glen'

Post by Frazmataz »

well, now that I have a finalised track plan, I see that I won't be needing a non-insulating insulfrog XD sooo nevermind my last post, I think it's all sorted out now ^^
The user formerly known as Bass.