Class J52 Scale Drawing

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

dlester
LNER J94 0-6-0ST Austerity

Re: Class J52 Scale Drawing

Post by dlester »

john coffin wrote:Having checked the Doncaster list, I cannot find W226 Dlester, where did you find it please?
Be interested in anything else you have to suggest too

Paul
Paul,

It's listed on the NRM site here.

The particular line in the record you're looking for is:

W 226N W: "Regulators and general purpose brasswork" "Cab window 0-6-0 type saddle tank engines for engines converted from J53 - J52" 19/05/1924 J53, J13

The other thing to note is that the GA for the 921 series (P-35) also includes a "detailed drawing" list on the bottom left. I'd say about 50% of these detailed drawings are actually held by the NRM, and the remainder are now missing.

Dave
john coffin
LNER V2 2-6-2 'Green Arrow'

Post by john coffin »

thanks Dave, somehow it was not on a list I had.

I have P35, but technically it is not a GA, it is a pipe drawing, although really there is little to differentiate them for our purposes. Whilst pipe and rod drawings are notoriously inaccurate in terms of the layout of the pipes and rods.

Will look at it again, along with my copy of the Ivatt J52 and see what else I might need.

I am quite happy to consider a J53 in both original 921 and subsequent J52 version as a basis for both drawings and kits.

paul
john coffin
LNER V2 2-6-2 'Green Arrow'

Post by john coffin »

Some might disagree with my characterising p drawings as pipe and rod, but if you study the list, it is in the usual Doncaster way confusing.
For instance within the R list which is supposed to be tenders, are a number of later drawings for tanks on locos too.

Paul
Pebbles
GER D14 4-4-0 'Claud Hamilton'

Post by Pebbles »

Paul the saddle tanks and the 0-6-0 series both need addressing. John had started the J3/4 and had planned additions. I should point out that John never draw to any other size than 4mm all larger sizes were merely enlargements. The John Gardner series that were originally drawn to 3/4" and are available from the GER in both paper and on CD are much sharper in definition.
rockinjohn
GER D14 4-4-0 'Claud Hamilton'

Post by rockinjohn »

Hi its going back a long way before Hornsey/Kings Cross J52's were replaced by J50's but I suppose '53/'54 stovepipe chimney &another "hump" behind the chimney 6866X or 687XX #series all roarin' up the Holloway ramp/incline from Clarence Yard "X" bound light engine...