New kid trying to model Sheringham @ 1958

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

desperate modeller
NER Y7 0-4-0T

New kid trying to model Sheringham @ 1958

Post by desperate modeller »

Greetings All!
I'm the new kid on the block, and I'm nowhere near as well educated in all things railway.........However, I am trying to put together a fairly accurate model of Sheringham in North Norfolk for the period of 1958 - 1968.
I'm having great difficulty trying to find a track plan of the station and yard, and also a drawings of the buildings that were there. I do know for a fact that they didn't have a shed, but I can find no reference to anything related to goods.
Any and all help will be much appreciated

desperate
The Great Eastern lives
richard
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by richard »

Have you tried the North Norfolk Railway and allied organisations - eg. the William Marriott museum?

Their archives may have useful stuff, but they'll probably also know of relevant books (and be able to sell them to you - so you also help the modern organisations).

Richard
Richard Marsden
LNER Encyclopedia
desperate modeller
NER Y7 0-4-0T

Post by desperate modeller »

Hi Richard.
I've been in touch with the William Marriot museum and they said they had some drawings of the station and signal boxes (East and West) plus a really good photograph, but, that was two weeks ago and I've heard nothing since. Living here in the USA has it's drawbacks when it comes to libraries for research and buying books and getting them shipped doubles the cost. Unfortunately I'm trying to do this on a budget as the finance committee (wife) is limiting my spending............

regards
desperate
The Great Eastern lives
mick b
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by mick b »

Hi
This is Sheringham 2007 hopefully they may help

Mick
ecgtheow
GNR J52 0-6-0T

Post by ecgtheow »

Sheringham station was eventually part of the M & GN. Suggest that you get a copy of "A Guide to the Midland & Gt. Northern Joint Railway" by Nigel J.L. Digby, which is available from secondhand railway book dealers. It shows the track plan for Sheringham with a few photos from 1914 to 1964 & /or join the Midland & Great Northern Circle (address available at the web site), as they have many photographs & drawings of everything to do with the M & GN including Sheringham.

Muddle & Go Nowhere Man
muddleandgonowhererailway