Wishlist Poll 2016

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

mick b
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Re: Wishlist Poll 2016

Post by mick b »

Bachmann always deny considering the A2/3 in previous posts here and elsewhere. They say they wont sell !!.

Being realistic if they did announce one when would we see it 3 years or more from now ?? If Hornby survive, more likely from them if they ignore every SR Loco known to man first :lol:
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by 65447 »

Phil wrote:3. The N7 tank. Not sure who would be tempted here but the red corner already have the N2 and the blue corner have been working round the other 3 groups with 0-6-2 tanks with 56XX, E4 and Webb 'coal' tank so the N7 would be a good fit.
Me and most if not all of the other GE modellers here :D
manna
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by manna »

G'day Gents

Voted a couple of hours ago, but I noticed that there are large gaps in the lists, No GNR 4-4-0's, only the J6 out of 7 'J' GN 0-6-0 class's, the J6 would be very handy, but more interested in Pre-grouping goods rolling stock, at the moment.

manna
EDGWARE GN, Steam in the Suburbs.
Brian Macdermott
LNER J94 0-6-0ST Austerity

Post by Brian Macdermott »

manna wrote:G'day Gents

Voted a couple of hours ago, but I noticed that there are large gaps in the lists, No GNR 4-4-0's, only the J6 out of 7 'J' GN 0-6-0 class's, the J6 would be very handy, but more interested in Pre-grouping goods rolling stock, at the moment.

manna
Hello Manna

Thanks for writing. As noted in the Q&A, we are somewhat restricted with the total overall content for a number of reasons. We currently have 717 items in 00 and 819 in N. We were tasked in 2012 with 'rationalising' the content (which is not the same as 'rationing') as people were saying it was too complex. Emails we get suggest that the content level is about right.

We delete items as they get announced - but it has been a rather thin year for new announcements! We then fill those gaps with a selection of suggestions which will have been thoroughly analysed and debated. We try to not delete anything already listed as that would upset those who suggested items in the first place; it also enables us to monitor items year-on-year.

If you care to give us a clear list of individual items, you have my assurance that they will go on the Agenda.

While writing, can I say that you might experience some delay in seeing my replies. As I am 'new' to the forum, I am under moderation.

Brian Macdermott (on behalf of The Pol Team)
Hatfield Shed
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Hatfield Shed »

It is an evolved shortlist through a long running process, of what is considered likely to fit a RTR manufacturer's criteria; and not overly tax the respondent with the many hundreds of items that could be included. Lines have to be drawn somewhere...
mick b wrote:Bachmann always deny considering the A2/3 in previous posts here and elsewhere. They say they wont sell !...
I'd read that as 'they won't sell as well as what the same investment in a different subject might yield' as that's the real calculation. It may look very different to a new entrant like Oxford though: if they at some time want a named pacific, all the popular subjects are taken.
65447 wrote:
Phil wrote:3. The N7 tank...
Me and most if not all of the other GE modellers here
And don't forget the Southern end of the GN, which had a regular allocation of the class to the end of steam. It also begins to fill the vacant LNER branchline tank engine niche too. A very useful engine. If one isn't soon produced RTR I am going to be compelled to build a new mechanism for one of my Wills specimens...
mick b
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by mick b »

The daft thing is Bachmann have 3/4 of a A2/3 already. It only needs a Loco with a new front end body and a stretched chassis . The rest is already done.
Brian Macdermott

[quote="Hatfield Shed"]It is an evolved shortlist through a long running process, of what is considered likely to fit a RTR manufacturer's criteria; and not overly tax the respondent with the many hundreds of items that could be included. Lines have to be drawn somewhere...

Hello Hatfield Shed

You are pretty much right with that statement.

Brian Macdermott (on behalf of The Poll Team)
Brian Macdermott

Hello everyone

Just a reminder that The Wishlist Poll 2016 will be closing at midnight on Saturday 29 October. If you have any queries, you are welcome to contact The Poll Team (at the address given in The Poll link below) or I will do my best to answer LNER-specific ones here.

RMweb.co.uk/Wishlist2016

Brian Macdermott

Hello everyone

Very many thanks to all who voted.

The Results are now available at http://www.rmweb.co.uk (look for the thread: Results - The Wishlist Poll 2016).

If you can't access that, please drop an email to me at The Poll Team email address as below. Allow a couple of days for reply, although you may well get it sooner.

Regards to all

thepollteam(at)gmail(dot)com
mick b
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by mick b »

N7, J27 and Sentinel Rail car are maybes for next year if Hornby survives, Bachmann 2020 if you are lucky might manage something :lol: .

Nothing much else on there stands out.